• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Drivability

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just went thru the comparison game on Tiffen verses Newmar and found that the Tiffin, although higher end quality built, does not offer an augmented handling system like the Comfort Drive system offered on Newmar units. I did not even test drive either unit myself. I assume they drive like one would expect a large vehicle would drive. With my only experience driving a motorhome being 20 years in the past I have nothing to compare to. We went Newmar for other quality issues over Tiffin and the comfort drive system is a bonus.

I thought I read somewhere that there was something similar available on the Powerglide chassis but there is no mention of it here: PowerGlide | Tiffin Motorhomes
I use CD on every drive as conditions change and it was the deciding factor on buying a Newmar 2008 or later.

I just went thru the comparison game on Tiffen verses Newmar and found that the Tiffin, although higher end quality built, does not offer an augmented handling system like the Comfort Drive system offered on Newmar units. I did not even test drive either unit myself. I assume they drive like one would expect a large vehicle would drive. With my only experience driving a motorhome being 20 years in the past I have nothing to compare to. We went Newmar for other quality issues over Tiffin and the comfort drive system is a bonus.
Thank you, Rustymayes. That is the conclusion I came to as well.

Latest resources

Back