Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
So I'm in need of some creative DIY help. Walked by the rear of my coach today and notice dryer lint on the ground, so naturally I looked up to see if I was shaming myself with a dirty vent. What I discovered was that the flap cover is missing. I felt around in the vent and can't find the flap (I was hoping it was just stuck.) I'm not sure how it looked before. I just remember that there was a flap. Talked to Newmar and they said you can't just buy the flap, but would have to replace the vent. Well as you can see from the photo, that isn't going to look too pretty. I just want to protect from critters getting in. Any advice, suggestions on what to do until I can order a new coach in May? Thanks as always for your help.

PS Excuse the not so shiny, clean vent area.?

1CFBF460-713F-4549-BF83-5FB30AB4C4F6.jpeg
9245CF59-2A47-4CE8-A877-EE600C5A49C8.jpeg

Screen will probably clog up pretty quickly with lint and might create overheating problems when the dryer is in use. I think I would bite the bullet and get a mobile RV tech involved.

TJ

You could get a louvered one and silicone it in place just not sure if it would fit. Need to measure. Or find a mesh that has larger holes as some are shown in this search:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dryer+vent+cover+outdoor&crid=2Z9O60EML8AWY&sprefix=dryer+vent+,aps,307&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-da-p_7_11

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S67DPPS/?tag=rvf01-20

I don't think RV tech is the right solution. It's a simple DIY solution, just need to find the right materials. Newmars vent is painted so getting their parts and replacing is not the answer IMHO.

largemesh.png

Screen will probably clog up pretty quickly with lint and might create overheating problems when the dryer is in use. I think I would bite the bullet and get a mobile RV tech involved.

TJ
But it won't be painted like the present vent cover.... ? Or do you think they can get the cover off, replace the inside part and replace old, painted cover? Do you think that would work?

Newmars vent is painted so getting their parts and replacing is not the answer IMHO.
It's a $9.00 part. Wonder if I can use my same cover and just replace the inside part. That might work, yes?

It's a $9.00 part. Wonder if I can use my same cover and just replace the inside part. That might work, yes?
I think that would work. The outer painted part could be reused. The inner part is the bad one. I bet the vent dropped or was never installed. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Sound the @NWIP alarm. Hotline engaged.

run discover GIF

Just checked mine, has a vent cover / louver in there. Sure is dirty, I should clean someday :(

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back