RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Well with the little bit warmer temperatures, it;s time to start getting ready for next years winter for firewood. I had 4 big Beech trees dropped on my property and one huge Cherry Tree. They are cut up in 16in logs and now it's time for the log splitter.

I am not as young as I used to be so purchased two new lite chain saws. My wife insists she has to help. I got her a battery operated 12 in bar, DeWalt chain saw. I got a new Echo gas powered 12 in bar. I also have a 14 in Poulan for the heavy stuff.

If I could find a decent RV lot in Florida it would sure cut down my wood stove consumption in the winter....LOL

HH

I understand the firewood as we used to heat with wood when we lived in Michigan. We now live in Florida so it is not a problem.

The cost of the "new" equipment should be calculated against labor cost for someone to do it for you. I'm betting you could have some youngster split the wood for less than the cost of a chainsaw/splitter for a couple years and still save money.

I did the same calculation for a new mower vs a 1-man grass cutting service and came out ahead on the service for 7 years.

Just a suggestion.

The cost of the "new" equipment should be calculated against labor cost for someone to do it for you. I'm betting you could have some youngster split the wood for less than the cost of a chainsaw/splitter for a couple years and still save money.

I did the same calculation for a new mower vs a 1-man grass cutting service and came out ahead on the service for 7 years.

Just a suggestion.
Out here, that would be a safe bet to take. I can't find anyone who is interested in working.

My firewood shed before Winter. I'm down to stems and seeds now. . . lol

Firewood.JPG

Out here, that would be a safe bet to take. I can't find anyone who is interested in working.

View attachment 11351
Yikes! You could lend me my winter supply and not even notice it missing.😂

View attachment 11351
That's because you have to FEED THE DRAGON....... LOL My wood stove used to be for emergency heat, but wifey loves the warmth in the finished basement so much she burns it 2.5 months a year.

Latest resources

Back