RV Make
Renegade
RV Length
45’
TOW/TOAD
ATC Trailer
Fulltimer
Yes
What recommendations do you have for dump hose? Seems that the “rhino” hose only lasts maybe a year, if lucky. And when it goes, it ain’t pretty!

I have reached that point where I need to buy a new hose and would like to stop the insanity of doing this every single year.

Dave

Hoses that are put up or out every few days will develop holes and cracks sooner. Protecting hoses from the sun, wildlife and weedeaters will make them last longer. A pin hole or small slit can easily be patched with a hefty drop of E6000 (hose stretched out, spot to be patched dry and facing up, generous drop of E6000, let dry overnight before packing the hose away). This patch will last a long time.

This is what I do...
I bought a few lengths of half round vinyl gutters and cut them into shorter lengths (5ft each). I strap one gutter on the bottom and one on the top of the hose using fabric dog collars (from DollarTree) as straps. I over lap the the gutters by a few inches and that is generally where the dog collar straps are placed so it all holds together.

I started doing this a few decades ago after I got tired of losing so many sewer hoses to weedeaters. My hoses went from being replaced every year (or every month even with patching with E6000) to replacing every couple of years since I used a fairly thick sewer hose. This was when we never stayed anywhere longer than a month.

I currently use a Revolution hose. It's 5 years old. It's also a permanent hose. It never moves. It is protected from sun, snow/ice/hail, birds and weedeaters. It also makes a good hose support. It is "hung" from the bus on the bus side and a supported with a block next to the park sewer pipe. I have found that those plastic Lynx Levelers make good supports for the gutter after my old Class C cracked a few of the leveler pads and I stopped using them for that purpose. The gutter on the top covers the sewer pipe end as well. My hose is two 10ft sections, squished slightly to fit the needed length to get to the park sewer pipe. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Amerimax-Contemporary-4-in-x-120-in-White-Half-Round-Gutter/1000246365

X2 on the valterra dominator.

Lol, my strategy too! Good minds and all that!

Also been using the same Titan hose for many years. Very tough. Some things I don't like about it. It does not collapse down as much as other brands and it has this odd handle on the elbow end that just gets in the way. Also the elbow is translucent and not clear.

Think I'll switch to the Dominator when the times come.

I haul around two different brands (40' total). I know, a little overkill, but we were in a park out in Texas a couple years ago and I needed that extra 10'.

Anyway, I have hoses that have lasted several years. Every couple of months I rinse them out with soapy water and coat the outside with 303. I do all of them no matter if I am using them at the time or storing them, I keep coating them with 303.

Latest resources

Back