Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rolandj

RVF Regular
So I just purchased a Monaco knight And the gentleman I purchased it from told me to dump the air prior to putting the slides out. But I was reading something in the book today that says don’t dump the air when putting the slides out not sure if somebody can confirm one way or another. Thanks

It’s different for every make and model, even different for the same model across different years. Do whatever the owners manual says.

You might want to visit this site for a bit more info…

Apparently, Monaco set their slides up at ride height (air bags inflated) and specified that the slides be moved in and out in that configuration. Dumping the air can, in some situations, allow the chassis to twist and and create some slide alignment issues.

TJ

thank you. What a pain in the you know what. So confusing so it seems slides out dump then level

That’s easy street in the RV world. I know of a poor guy that has an rig where the the slides need to be moved in/out on air, but 2 of his 3 slides only operate when the engine is off. The other slide only works when the engine is on. So this poor man has to pull into his spot, pop out 1 of 3 slides, turn engine off and pop the other two slides. Then because jacks only work when engine is on, he has to turn the coach back on to drop jacks and dump air.

I'd do what the owner's manual says.

I'd do what the owner's manual says.
I've found no where in my owners manual that says anything about dumping air.

It does say to put the slides out in travel height mode.

@Fish that means put your slides out while on air. When you are in “travel height” your air suspension bags are fully inflated, as such your total vehicle height is a few inches more than when the air suspension is deflated. Hence the phrase “travel height”.

@Fish that means put your slides out while on air. When you are in “travel height” your air suspension bags are fully inflated, as such your total vehicle height is a few inches more than when the air suspension is deflated. Hence the phrase “travel height”.
I've not driven this yet, just getting tires on it tomorrow.

I have read a multitude of threads arguing whether or not to dump air before leveling like this thread, which only confused me.

I do know to put the slides out while at travel height because it's in the manual. What confuses me is when people talk about a dump air switch. My valid powergear panel shows no air dump button. When I got it started I did push the travel height button to get it to raise up before I put out the slides.

I guess I'll figure all this out eventually.

I've not driven this yet, just getting tires on it tomorrow.

I have read a multitude of threads arguing whether or not to dump air before leveling like this thread, which only confused me.

I do know to put the slides out while at travel height because it's in the manual. What confuses me is when people talk about a dump air switch. My valid powergear panel shows no air dump button. When I got it started I did push the travel height button to get it to raise up before I put out the slides.

I guess I'll figure all this out eventually.
I have a 2006 Holiday Rambler built by Monaco. Yours is a 2007 Monaco. I'd bet the buttons on the driver's side panel next to the seat are almost identical. Mine has an Air Dump button. You hold it down when the air suspension is all aired up and you can hear the air leaving the system and feel the coach lowering itself.

Latest resources

Back