Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
Can you dump fresh water from the tank without using water pump? I want to dump water but it seems it doesn’t work when I’m hooked up to city water

Yes.
Usually, in the wet bay there is a 1/4 turn valve low in the compartment and sometimes camouflaged below a bunch of other tubing. There are usually 3 low point drains. 2 are typically on the wet bay white wall. These are the plumbing hot and cold low point drains. The fresh tank valve is referenced above. Sometimes there is a label, but it’s not really much help.

Yes, there is a low point drain. Look toward the rear of the compartment tray. A decal should be afixed in proximity to the drain valve. With a flashlight, you should be able to see the valve back behind the tray. It has a connection to the Freshwater tank, and goes thru the floorboard.

Thank you guys!

It amazes me that Newmar doesn't mark the FW low-point drain valve better. On both our 2014 Ventana LE and the current 2018 Mountain Aire, the valve has been buried way back under the wet bay panel. The decal/sticker is simply placed on the wet bay panel in the general area where the valve is located. My valve is located at floor level under the forward side of the wet bay face panel.

Use of a flashlight is a good technique for finding it. Once you do find it. It is easy to dump the FW tank. I have put some yellow electrical tape on the valve handle to make it easier to spot. And, it is always farther back under the wet bay front panel than I remembered from the last time I used it. :rolleyes:

TJ

To get as much out of the FW tank as you can, tilt the coach toward the drivers side a little using your leveling system.

It amazes me that Newmar doesn't mark the FW low-point drain valve better. And, it is always farther back under the wet bay front panel than I remembered from the last time I used it. :rolleyes:

TJ

Truth!

To get as much out of the FW tank as you can, tilt the coach toward the drivers side a little using your leveling system.
Good tip, thank you

They do a good job of hiding it don't they.

On my DS it's in the lower left rear corner of the wet bay, through the wall. It's just a ball valve, we drain every time we get home.

Latest resources

Back