Beyond 22c li3
RV Length
Chassis
Ford Transit 350 awd
Engine
Eco boost
Fulltimer
No
I just asked this question on an an older thread. Don’t think anyone is reading. I need the lightest serviceable e-bike I can buy. Price is not primary objective but, a consideration. I can not lift 65 lb bike upon rack. Looking at spec’s on Lectric XL base unit not 2.0. Weight list at 46 lb w/battery, battery 7 lb. I think I can handle 39 lb. The reviews are mostly on the 2.0 model that are all positive however it’s 65+ lb. Does anyone have experience with this base model or maybe something similar? All reply’s appreciated.

Attachments

• 1FD146A7-2608-4301-961F-2742BFE64282.jpeg
    1FD146A7-2608-4301-961F-2742BFE64282.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7

@10thtp We have RAD city step through e-bikes (i.e. full size bikes) and I use a Hollywood e-bike rack on the back of our toad. The bikes come it at 65lbs with the battery probably 5 or so lbs lighter without battery. BUT you don't have to lift 65lbs to get the bikes into the rack. I lift the front of the bike i.e. front tire / fork area and set it into the rack, then lift the back of the bike and set it into the rack. I don't know what the weight of the lift is but it's a pretty easy load process and a lot less that 65lbs.

@10thtp We have RAD city step through e-bikes (i.e. full size bikes) and I use a Hollywood e-bike rack on the back of our toad. The bikes come it at 65lbs with the battery probably 5 or so lbs lighter without battery. BUT you don't have to lift 65lbs to get the bikes into the rack. I lift the front of the bike i.e. front tire / fork area and set it into the rack, then lift the back of the bike and set it into the rack. I don't know what the weight of the lift is but it's a pretty easy load process and a lot less that 65lbs.
I will have to try some of these load & ramp techniques. I’m 80 years old and have neuropathy that has limited my strength & mobility. I know 60 lb is out of my range. I think if I can get the bike close to 40 lb & use the one wheel at a time lift it will probably work for a while. Hopefully someone has purchased one of the Lectric Base models that only weighs 46 lb w/battery can tell me if it is a serviceable bike or just too light weight to be useable. It is primarily for my wife, I will ride very little, if any at all. Thank you very much for the reply.

I got a "dirt bike" carrier. The wheel base is close to the ebike and they have a ramp that comes with it. You need a 2" trailer hitch for it to fit into. No lifting. I modified mine with a post for better securing the bike. Also I got a barbeque cover to protect it from the rain when traveling or any time the weather gets bad at the camp site.

These range from 40 to 55lbs but a little on the pricey side.

I got a "dirt bike" carrier. The wheel base is close to the ebike and they have a ramp that comes with it. You need a 2" trailer hitch for it to fit into. No lifting. I modified mine with a post for better securing the bike. Also I got a barbeque cover to protect it from the rain when traveling or any time the weather gets bad at the camp site.
Thank you for your reply. That sounds like it would work. My new motor home came with a bike rack built on the back. The rail’s about 30” off the ground, I will need to work with that .

These range from 40 to 55lbs but a little on the pricey side.

Wow, super cool bikes. But you nailed it, a little pricey. Thanks

Wow, super cool bikes. But you nailed it, a little pricey. Thanks
They really are nice and well designed - quite advanced over the typical e-bike. But one of those would create a security problem - you’d always be worried about it, and being on the road wouldn't do much for that lovey finish. So I guess not practical for the RV world - you’d really have to store it inside. But Ive been coveting them for about six months since I first heard of them.

Latest resources

Back