RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Just purchased a new Newmar Ventana. The dealer of course is trying to push several add-on, the only one I may be considering is a product called ExteriorShield that is supposed to protect against bugs/insects, loos of gloss, hard water etching, and UV protection. The only reviews I’ve seen are 5 years old and somewhat negative. Any insight will be appreciated.

I am always leery of dealer add-ons; they are usually just low-cost, high-priced profit enhancers. If it were me, I'd pass.

Even though the dealer will tell you otherwise, you can always have a finish enhancer applied later. Some folks have had success with the new ceramic coatings, but they are pricey if done by a qualified detailer. And, this not something you want to have done by a 16-year-old kid at the dealer's back lot on a Saturday afternoon. :oops:

TJ

Save your $

John & TJ - thanks for the input. That is what believe, but was worth asking the question if it could add protection to our new rig. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 767893FC-FE30-4339-9A2B-E7B023F96C8E.jpeg
    767893FC-FE30-4339-9A2B-E7B023F96C8E.jpeg
    487.5 KB · Views: 9
No no no no no nooo. Get the keys and make the tires squeal getting out of there. Congrats.

I still chuckle when reminded of an automobile buying experience I had in ‘91. The dealership was attempting to sell me a wax job for $300. The salesman looked me in the eye and said, “It’s a REALLY good wax”. I laughed then and that incident has stuck with me and kept me from getting silly with after sale add ons.

My Newmar buying experience was the last time I'll get abused. I paid $1800 for the paint protection option which at FPU they told me "don't do it" as it will ruin their paint job. I got my money back. I did buy a few other gimmicks which I am guilty of being scammed, but so be it, they were smaller but still stupid. Not sure why it's taken this many years to learn this lesson!

My Newmar buying experience was the last time I'll get abused. I paid $1800 for the paint protection option which at FPU they told me "don't do it" as it will ruin their paint job. I got my money back. I did buy a few other gimmicks which I am guilty of being scammed, but so be it, they were smaller but still stupid. Not sure why it's taken this many years to learn this lesson!
Because we all want to take care of our babies. Hows your chewy bill?

Don’t ruin that beautiful coach, it will look great without it.

Latest resources

Back