Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarvelousMimi

RVF Newbee
Hello I am an experienced arvier who is currently living in my 22' Jacob well I build a tiny house. I have lived in arby's a few times before while building are moving moving but I was married master certified RV Tech. I know a lot about arby's and can fix a lot of things by myself but electrical is where I'm completely lost. My grandson knocked over a shelf that had an electrical appliance on it Which caused it to unplug from the wall suddenly. Since that time I have lost power to 3 of my plugins in the trailer and that's more than half of my power sources including the one I use for work. I have checked the breakers and flipped them even though they didn't looked tripped. I have c PU 3 pollhecked and flipped the main breaker to my power in the garage and then unplugged the entire trailer to reset everything. Nothing is working! Are these plugs on fuses? I did not check those. Help! I divorced the drunk RV tech and convinced myself that I could do this with no help but I'm in over my head at this point!

Sounds like a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt outlet needs to be reset. Look at all of your appliance outlets and see if one or more might have a "test" button and a "reset" button. Push the reset and hopefully all of your items will wake up again.

Rick

Thank you for the reply. You were exactly right. I'm feeling kind of stupid at the moment because I should have known that. It WAS the GFCI in the bathroom that had tripped. I assumed that because the drunk ex had rewired a plug in the kitchen and I didn't see one there I didn't even think of the bathroom. All is well and lesson learned. I have formed a relationship (and spent enough money) with a local RV repair shop that does mobile work that I got a call back right away. They are so busy that the dispatcher who has decades of experience works really hard to triage the calls because they are so busy. I am SO thankful and determined to keep my head in all this so I can remember what I already know, learn what I can and not panic when I need help. Thanks again!

Don’t feel that way, we all learn something new everyday with this hobby 😀

Now, Mimi.....if I may be so bold. Start yourself a notebook. Write these little tidbits down. Catagorize them in "electrical", "plumbing", "LP gas", etc. Label them in your notebook however it works for you. That way, you'll have something to refer to when you're out boondocking, and have no 'net connection to pose questions to this board.

Oh.....and try to not panic next time. ;)

Hello I am an experienced arvier who is currently living in my 22' Jacob well I build a tiny house. I have lived in arby's a few times before while building are moving moving but I was married master certified RV Tech. I know a lot about arby's and can fix a lot of things by myself but electrical is where I'm completely lost. My grandson knocked over a shelf that had an electrical appliance on it Which caused it to unplug from the wall suddenly. Since that time I have lost power to 3 of my plugins in the trailer and that's more than half of my power sources including the one I use for work. I have checked the breakers and flipped them even though they didn't looked tripped. I have c PU 3 pollhecked and flipped the main breaker to my power in the garage and then unplugged the entire trailer to reset everything. Nothing is working! Are these plugs on fuses? I did not check those. Help! I divorced the drunk RV tech and convinced myself that I could do this with no help but I'm in over my head at this point!
That out let is the first in a series, the other outlets get power through the connection to that one. with the power off pull the outlet out of the wall and check the connections on the back. If they all seem tight replace the outlet.

Hello I am an experienced arvier who is currently living in my 22' Jacob well I build a tiny house. I have lived in arby's a few times before while building ……
Wow. Living in Arby’s - that must have been a blast. I love their sandwiches. Did you get great discounts?😂

Don’t mind me. I am the one in every crowd. Glad to see your problem resolved.😎

I'm getting hungry reading this!

+1 to the idea of making a notebook detailing the different systems, an added bonus would be if you have or could get a manual for the furnace, A/C, fridge, water heater, radio, chassis, axle, etc. to incorporating into your notebook.

Latest resources

Back