RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Imperial
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
My 1999 HR Imperial has problems with cruise control, wipers, dash air blower, and mirror motors not working sometimes. If cruise is on and you turn on dash air cruise stops and none of these items work. If you hit a major bump in the road all items listed stop and may or may not start working again that day. What is common denominator when everything on dash and smart wheel continue to work?

My 1999 HR Imperial has problems with cruise control, wipers, dash air blower, and mirror motors not working sometimes. If cruise is on and you turn on dash air cruise stops and none of these items work. If you hit a major bump in the road all items listed stop and may or may not start working again that day. What is common denominator when everything on dash and smart wheel continue to work?
I'm not much of an electrician but it sounds like a loose ground to me since it effects several non-related options on the dash. Maybe the fuse panel itself has a loose ground? You might even be able to add an additional ground or two to see if that helps. Good luck and let us know what you find!

I'm not much of an electrician but it sounds like a loose ground to me since it effects several non-related options on the dash. Maybe the fuse panel itself has a loose ground? You might even be able to add an additional ground or two to see if that helps. Good luck and let us know what you find!
Thank you. Along the same line I did see that on the main circuit board in the outside compartment has a section of the board with wires coming from the ignition switch and a 40amp relay. I just replaced the relay which says “IGN” and everything is working. The old relay had some marks on one of the legs which looked like it was not making good contact or was dropping out. I will road test on a bumpy road in a couple weeks to make sure that does totally correct the problem.

Thank you. Along the same line I did see that on the main circuit board in the outside compartment has a section of the board with wires coming from the ignition switch and a 40amp relay. I just replaced the relay which says “IGN” and everything is working. The old relay had some marks on one of the legs which looked like it was not making good contact or was dropping out. I will road test on a bumpy road in a couple weeks to make sure that does totally correct the problem.
As bad as roads are nowadays and as much vibration as we get in these RV's, I'm amazed that ANYTHING works!!! I was leaving for Florida 2 weeks ago but couldn't get out of the driveway because the awning wouldn't roll up. Turns out I had a wire on the back of one of the switches on the dash vibrate off. I plugged it back in and it worked perfectly!! :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back