20”
Chassis
Mercedes
Engine
TOW/TOAD
Small boat
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2017 road trek agile SS. I have a problem -no power to the coach. When I plug in shore power, I get no electricity into the coach, checked right to the breaker box and I have no voltage there. Is there some kind of breaker or something I don’t understand as to why when I have it plugged in shore power I get no power in the main breaker?. I checked my House battery and it seems OK. My display panel is totally dark doesn’t show any battery voltage whether in shore power mode or not.
Also the converter is totally dark. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m kinda new to this..

Is the converter on? Do you have the battery shut off switch off?

Use an inexpensive multimeter to trace the power coming into the vehicle and eventually, your probes will find where that power is lost. Fix that. Its not difficult and there's lots of You Tube videos that explain how to use a multimeter. Harbor Freight or any big box home store will have a selection of multimeters.

Rick

Start by checking your shore power...seems to me that's where your problem might be. Simply plug something (else) to your shore power and check for voltage. Good luck

Most Roadtrek's have a dedicated battery that turns on the system. If this is what you have the battery may be dead. If it is dead nothing will turn on. Please let us know what you find out.

Thanks, took to a LaMesa RV dealer( was Originally purchased at a La mesa Rv in a different state) they charge me $340 that’s two hours labor plus tax to tell me my Coach batteries are all dead and I need to replace them. Apparently when the batteries go dead a relay shuts down the Coach electrical system . So now the bad news, Two roadtrek inverter charger battery at $4100 apiece and a interstate AMG battery for $499. Does anyone know is there an alternative to the Roadtrek inverter/charger batteries? There are apparently two 2500 W inverters.

I'm having similar problems and have replaced both coach batteries. When I run the inverter, it drains down the two new agm batties to 50% without recharging them when hooked up to shore power. I'm now thinking that the converter may be bad as well. Any thoughts or suggestions??? Tks, Ken

I'm having similar problems and have replaced both coach batteries. When I run the inverter, it drains down the two new agm batties to 50% without recharging them when hooked up to shore power. I'm now thinking that the converter may be bad as well. Any thoughts or suggestions??? Tks, Ken
What is the make and model of your inverter. Are there any error codes displayed?

Those prices sound way to high.......get a second opinion from someone you trust. The most expensive inverter/charger I found in a quick search on Amazon was $1700 and change.

Latest resources

Back