RV Year
RV Make
Ember
RV Model
26RB
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Greetings. My wife and I attended the local RV show this past weekend. We have decided to take the plunge into this lifestyle soon. With no truck OR trailer yet, we are planning out a slow entry. On the truck side, we will invest in a 3/4 ton truck soon. Still working out the whole "diesel vs gas" though. Trailer will probably follow next year. We have friends (three couples) that are all RV veterans and have assisted on advise etc.. We go with them on some trips but are tired of cabin life.
On to the question: I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Ember brand? We really liked the Ember 26RB model (spec sheet attached). The Ember brand is pretty new (started in 2021). Anything to look for as far as issues, praises and quality comments etc.. I did a search here to no avail. Any opinions or shared experiences appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• Ember 26 RB.pdf
    885.3 KB · Views: 46
Good morning,
Checking the website, the ownership and management are all very experienced people. Just my opinion but being a relatively new brand would not be a negative. They are in the right area for producing RVs and the leadership looks to be solid.
The opinion that matters the most is yours. If you like the unit, layout and dealer, that is what matters the most.
We do loans and service contracts. Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Greetings. My wife and I attended the local RV show this past weekend. We have decided to take the plunge into this lifestyle soon. With no truck OR trailer yet, we are planning out a slow entry. On the truck side, we will invest in a 3/4 ton truck soon. Still working out the whole "diesel vs gas" though. Trailer will probably follow next year. We have friends (three couples) that are all RV veterans and have assisted on advise etc.. We go with them on some trips but are tired of cabin life.
On to the question: I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Ember brand? We really liked the Ember 26RB model (spec sheet attached). The Ember brand is pretty new (started in 2021). Anything to look for as far as issues, praises and quality comments etc.. I did a search here to no avail. Any opinions or shared experiences appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

A couple things. I suggest buying a truck bigger than you think you need. I thought a 3/4 ton would be enough for me but a 1 ton became available and took it. Not sorry because I ended up buying a 12,500 pound 5th wheel. You could probably get by with a 3/4 ton but feel my 1 ton handles the weight comfortably.
I’ve pulled heavy trailers before with both gas and diesel engines. If your planning on long distances ie more that 1 or 2 hundred miles I suggest diesel. The maintenance is definitely higher but on long hauls you don’t feel like you pushing your truck engine to its limits. Especially if you plan on trips out west or in mountainous eastern areas. You put it in tow mode, cruse control and listen to the engine purr. A gasser will be a constant struggle. Some of the newer behemoth gassers may be different so I can’t speak to them but that’s my opinion.

We are in the same position and have been looking hard at Ember specially the 201fbq. Our desire is to be away from campgrounds boondocking off forest service roads and doing Harvest Host. We plan to get out 1-2 times/month, 10 months/year.

Some major red flags have popped up for me.
1-looked at them at an RV show last fall. The build quality was one of the worst. Exposed nails, loose cabinets, most openings not square at all.
2-went to a different dealer and looked, saw many of the same things.
3-responed to one of their Instagram posts, expressed my desire to be an Ember owner but had concerns about the quality I observed. A few other owners commented on the quality of their units. Ember responded by deleting the entire post. A reputable company would have either addressed or sent a message to get more info. They are trying had to hide issues.
4-it's not easy to find reviews, you have to do a lot of digging through a lot of forms and YouTube but, you will dig up many, many, many statements about water leaks in the slides. They had an issue with floor adhesive being incompatible and turning black. They are trying to fix it but...

I want to believe they are different, I like the no wood build and layout but I just don't think they are as premium as the price they want.

For these reasons we are looking at Lance (prices have come way down in line with Ember) and I'm leaning hard towards Outdoors RV (hate the brown, love the quality and 100 gallons of water, priced lower than Ember)

Being in the PNW it's nice they are local and nice they have an arched roof to really shed water.

We looked at them Artic Fox, Nash, NoBo, Sonic, Lance, Intech, Geopro and microlite yesterday. (yep ran the gambit) loved the Lance and Outdoors. Not sure how Lance will hold up to boondocking.

That's good to know that Ember would delete a post inquiring about quality rather than address it, that speaks volumes! I'm still shopping myself and have pretty much settled on used but it's still interesting to see how manufacturers are progressing (or regressing) with regard to quality. I'm hoping to get something old enough that was put together by folks held to at least a shred of accountability yet new enough to have a tiny bit of reminding warranty.

Very good info thanks for chiming in. Update on my status: I have a 2019 Ford F250 diesel now. And (for better or worse) we went ahead and purchased a 2003 Ember 26RB. We will be picking it up this Friday.
Since there's no "Ember Owners Club" thread here, I'll keep you informed on what we find here as the trailer gets used.
I did see some posts and am following several Ember's owner's "groups" on Facebook and have searched extensively on YouTube. I could have entertained another brand, but the wife was sold on Ember. I bought the truck and she's buying the trailer. ((shrug)) time will tell.

We are in the same position and have been looking hard at Ember specially the 201fbq. Our desire is to be away from campgrounds boondocking off forest service roads and doing Harvest Host. We plan to get out 1-2 times/month, 10 months/year.

Some major red flags have popped up for me.
1-looked at them at an RV show last fall. The build quality was one of the worst. Exposed nails, loose cabinets, most openings not square at all.
2-went to a different dealer and looked, saw many of the same things.
3-responed to one of their Instagram posts, expressed my desire to be an Ember owner but had concerns about the quality I observed. A few other owners commented on the quality of their units. Ember responded by deleting the entire post. A reputable company would have either addressed or sent a message to get more info. They are trying had to hide issues.
4-it's not easy to find reviews, you have to do a lot of digging through a lot of forms and YouTube but, you will dig up many, many, many statements about water leaks in the slides. They had an issue with floor adhesive being incompatible and turning black. They are trying to fix it but...

I want to believe they are different, I like the no wood build and layout but I just don't think they are as premium as the price they want.

For these reasons we are looking at Lance (prices have come way down in line with Ember) and I'm leaning hard towards Outdoors RV (hate the brown, love the quality and 100 gallons of water, priced lower than Ember)

Being in the PNW it's nice they are local and nice they have an arched roof to really shed water.

We looked at them Artic Fox, Nash, NoBo, Sonic, Lance, Intech, Geopro and microlite yesterday. (yep ran the gambit) loved the Lance and Outdoors. Not sure how Lance will hold up to boondocking.
I bought an Ember Overland 201 FBQ in January. I have experienced the opposite of what you have seen. I bought it because of the build quality, which is SUPPOSED to be great. There are 2 places that I was surprised about. A warped cabinet side, which I have not fixed yet, and a sagging bottom cabinet floor, which was very surprising. The systems all seem to work great and everything else has been top notch.

I shopped the NoBo, Geopro, Winnebago Hike and the R-Pod 221. They were all...very sub-par, especially the Rpod and Hike, which I thought were garbage.

We have only had it out twice. Once was in a pretty rough area and the off-road capability was just what I had hoped for. We only boondock, and I would say we are pretty close to overlanding, really. So far, so good.

The deciding factor for me was...a frame built by Airstream, and no wood on the inside. I felt like it had great bones. It is all metal, frame and studs. Azdel everywhere and has pretty good systems as far as I can tell. If there is a downfall, it is the cabinets. But...those are fixable. Same with systems.

Again, I have only had it out twice (we had a nasty winter here) but so far, I am happy with my choice and my wife loooooves it.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks,
Mark

Latest resources

Back