RV Model
Accolade 32U
Chassis
F550
Engine
Diesel
Fulltimer
No
Two weeks ago we agreed to purchase a new RV. My wife and I are scheduled to take delivery on our new, Entegra Accolade xt32u this morning. This is a smaller super C built on a F550 chassis and 4wd. It checks all our boxes for what we do.
the RV dealer called me yesterday afternoon to inform me that one of the fresh water tanks wasn’t working. There are two, a 25 and a 40, it’s the 40. Did we want to take delivery? Then return it for repair, or wait until it’s fixed? I said I would take it as we have a weekend trip planned the following weekend.
is this a typical experience? Are we buying a piece of Junk? Not too happy that they waited till the last minute to tell us or prep the camper.

I wouldn’t call it a piece of junk. The dealer was performing their pre-delivery inspection and found the issue. Not uncommon to find issues during PDI. At least they are going to fix it. Who is the dealer?

I wouldn’t call it a piece of junk. The dealer was performing their pre-delivery inspection and found the issue. Not uncommon to find issues during PDI. At least they are going to fix it. Who is the dealer?
La Mesa in Phoenix. Our first motor home purchase. Thanks, I kind of figured with all the complexity it may not be unheard of for things to pop up.

It would be unusual to buy a new rig that has no issues. This is just part of the shake down process and it happens with all manufacturers. I had a very good experience with La Mesa in Tucson - first class operation (with the exception of the guy who tries to push the over priced warranty on the buyer), and also in Sacramento. I don’t know about Phoenix but you are probably on good hands there too.

Picked up the camper yesterday. Yes, I suppose a few bugs need to get worked out on these as the have a lot going on. Overall experience at La Mesa was very good.
had a minor problem at the orientation, they had one of their mechanics get on it right away, loose wire.
later on in the process I talked with the mechanic, he looked into the water tank issue, apparently the water fill was never tapped into the tank. So not a quick fix. I will take it, after our first weekend so they can repair it.

You are lucky to have a competent dealership that actually does a pre-sale inspection and tests. Most just sweep the floor and send it out the door and let the customer find what needs repaired,

If that’s all the problems that you are confronted with consider yourself lucky. Enjoy your new toy!

Latest resources

Back