Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Marcelo

RVF Newbee
2005 Monaco Night. Entry door opens fine from the inside latch, but have to pull really hard and have bump at the same time to open from the outside. Any advise on how to fix is greatly appreciated.

Mine did the exact same thing. Take the door panel apart so you can get in there and lube all the moving parts of the door latch mechanisn inside the door. Also shoot some white lube into the key slot. Work the handle back and forth a lot and make sure everything is covered. I was amazed at the difference. Also, one thing I noticed is that if the coach is level the door opens much easier than if it is unlevel or if there is any side to side "twist" in the frame.

Mine did the exact same thing. Take the door panel apart so you can get in there and lube all the moving parts of the door latch mechanisn inside the door. Also shoot some white lube into the key slot. Work the handle back and forth a lot and make sure everything is covered. I was amazed at the difference. Also, one thing I noticed is that if the coach is level the door opens much easier than if it is unlevel or if there is any side to side "twist" in the frame.
Also, you may have to adjust one or both turnbuckles to release the latches easier.

Yep, I lubed my entry door handle and bay door mechanisms with Tri Flow and what a world of difference! The entry door now opens from the outside with hardly any effort.

Latest resources

Back