Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Pulled into a CG and have had a pretty comical series of events (see my other post) but an having an issue getting my jacks down.

Equalizer control panel has the Low Voltage LED illuminates and won’t deploy the jacks. We’re hooked up to 50amp service and float charging at 12.9v.

tried turning in the generator and reducing load by turning off the ACs, no luck. Fiddled with ignition, no dice. Tried power cycling the panel, and hitting every button on the darn thing.

Manual is of no help. Called Newmar after hours, awaiting call back.

Always start the engine before operating jacks, whether plugged in or not. The tech. and I discovered this at the FPU. Low voltage light goes out with the engine on.

That would be new to me. I have never deployed the jacks in 8 months with the engine on. But I can give it a shot...

That worked and MapWife says I am wrong - we’ve always had the engine on. What a day... Thanks @AbdRahim!!

That worked and MapWife says I am wrong - we’ve always had the engine on. What a day... Thanks @AbdRahim!!

I think there are words in a song like that "Mama says there will bre days like that". Glad you got it working.

My 2017 has to be engine off to run the jacks due the shuttle valves, i.e. you can't air up until the jacks are up. The real question I have for you @MapIneApple is why was the voltage low with you having just arrived? How can that be and that would be cause for concern for me. If you just drove your batteries should be topped off. Did someone run the slides out without being on shore power or GEN? That could put a heavy drain on them and also risk the motors as we're told they should be backed by power (shore/gen).

Always start the engine before operating jacks, whether plugged in or not. The tech. and I discovered this at the FPU. Low voltage light goes out with the engine on.
Isn’t there a possibility of unintended Jack’s deployment while moving? I always deploy them with engine off.

Isn’t there a possibility of unintended Jack’s deployment while moving? I always deploy them with engine off.
With engine off I always get the low voltage warning. When I start the engine the jacks automatically activate. As a matter of habit I hit “retract all“ and turn them off.
I have a Bay Star. It may be different on a DP.

Latest resources

Back