Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tssnider

RVF Newbee
I just purchased a new OutdoorsRV Travel Trailer and am researching providers for an extended service plan. I would appreciate any feedback on providers you would recommend or suggest that I avoid. Thanks.

I have not looked into a plan like that, BUT from what I have read they aren't worth much more than the paper they're written on. Way too many things not covered is what my understanding is.

Personally I would avoid all service plans. Use the warranty that comes with it early and often. If the repair shop puts you off or tells you they are months out to get it in call customer service and get issues documented by the manufacturer so you aren't left high and dry. If you have small problems that you can fix yourself try getting the manufacturer to send you the part and just go ahead and fix it. New trailers aren't always the best route in my opinion, I've bought a bunch of used rigs over the years and most of the kinks have already been worked out so they were mostly trouble free. That being said, I just bought a brand new rig so I will be living my own advice real soon.

Will be picking up new trailer in a few weeks. Besides being a Newbie, I am NOT handy or mechanically minded. So, I am also looking for Extended Service/Warranty plans.

I have a 6 year quote, $300 deductible, from Good Sam for around $1313. That is about $219 a year or $18 a month. I am still checking other plans/companies, but for $219 a year, this will give me peace of mind.

Many others say these are a waste of money and they might not cover or pay for something, but even if they do NOT pay for anything, I can afford to chance the $219. Your decision, your money.

When we purchased our 2018 MH in 2019 with 1500 miles on it, it came with the Forever Warranty!
The MH is covered bumper to bumper for life as long as you have yearly inspection done. We’ve since used it four times, fridge twice, water heater, rear outside ladder. And it didn’t cost us a dime! All we’ve paid is the $199 for the yearly inspection and it includes reseal the roof.
Check into it, not sure if your dealer carries it?

If you are going to own an RV, its time to learn your way around a toolbox.

For around $200 you can buy a decent tool kit from Lowes or Home Depot.

There is a Youtube video for nearly everything nowdays.

The key is to properly use and maintain the RV. Frequent inspections will catch problems early when they are small problems. Covered storage increases the life of an RV.

Insurance companies make money by paying out way less than they collect.

We got the extended because in “writing” it covers everything for 5 years. That is four years beyond manufacturer warranty. I do plan on doing a lot of my own basic stuff. However, I don’t want to pay out of pocket for my AC unit and labor to install.

Our warranty covers more than a few things. It is really worth it for the first several years of peace of mind being new to this world.

I don't recommend one, but, I have to consider dealer work on factory warranty may be much worse.

Latest resources

Back