• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RudyinFL

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone,

I am looking to order an F-350 CC 8' bed dually with the 7.3 gas and 4:30 gear. I know the deseil will pull more but it's an extra 8k.

The 5th wheel that we want is 41' loaded weight 17k and pin weight 3400 lb all approximately.

Any thoughts?

Truck should handle it fine, but if you are going to be pulling a lot, I would recommend you "bite the bullet" and get the diesel. It will pull easier, it will be easier to fuel as many, if not most GAS stations and convenience stores don't have room to accommodate big rigs. You can always find truck stops where you have room to get diesel.

Truck should handle it fine, but if you are going to be pulling a lot, I would recommend you "bite the bullet" and get the diesel. It will pull easier, it will be easier to fuel as many, if not most GAS stations and convenience stores don't have room to accommodate big rigs. You can always find truck stops where you have room to get diesel.
Thanks Bill! I think we are going to bite the bullet and do Desiel. Might even go F-450 for the turn radius.

Thanks Bill! I think we are going to bite the bullet and do Desiel. Might even go F-450 for the turn radius.
Good decision.

That’s one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. With a 5th wheel that size, the extra $8K will save you a lot of headaches…especially from pounding on your forehead with your fist every time you get in a tough pull situation. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

IMHO a F350 DRW with the 6.7 diesel would be the perfect tow vehicle for you. If you get the 4.10 gear and max payload package then you can drag over 34,000 pounds down the road plus hitch weight won't be an issue either. Of course the F450 would work also but why spend the extra?

Latest resources

Back