Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Favorite off grid boondocking destinations?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Have you been somewhere off the grid, off the beaten path, boondocking and enjoying being disconnected? Where have you enjoyed boondocking? What are your favorite off grid destinations?

For me, my favorite to date, that I can think of is Quartzsite.

The Rincon Parkway in Ventura, CA The Pacific is (literally) feet from your doorstep. Second would have to be BLM (High Desert) around the Dove Springs area off Hwy 14. Kinda want to try the Quartzite "thing" one day. Was in Blythe recently (wife's class reunion) and made a quick trip to Quartzite to check it out. Gas was $3.50 (CA was $5.85) and there looked to be many opportunities for boondocking. You guys like it in January (big show time)???

Unfortunately, our local favorite sites burned up in the last few years. We had several spots we frequented, on a bluff with a great view, a creek front, and a lake front. Not now, all black sticks and ash.
They will eventually recover enough to visit. Won't be for many years, though.

We have 48million acres of BLM in Nevada, I can't pick a favorite.
I agree! One of our favorite places is the Ruby mountains of Nevada. No other people in sight for miles and miles. :)

BBvBu3Cl.jpg

Nevada has countless great places to Boondock. I especially like the Berlin Icthyosaur area and really everything on 844 east of Gabbs on 316. But I’m also partial to the area along 140 NW of Winnemucca.

Wow!!! I don't know any other way than off grid. That must mean I think where I am is best! But the person that lined me up with the best spots, made me sware I would take that knowledge to the grave.

Well what he told me was not to share with someone who you couldn't trust to keep a secret!!! I'm a man of my word, sorry.

That said I am at hi jolly 14 day stay area outside of the Quartzsite LTVAs, ready to get a permit!!!

Wow!!! I don't know any other way than off grid. That must mean I think where I am is best! But the person that lined me up with the best spots, made me sware I would take that knowledge to the grave.

Well what he told me was not to share with someone who you couldn't trust to keep a secret!!! I'm a man of my word, sorry.

That said I am at hi jolly 14 day stay area outside of the Quartzsite LTVAs, ready to get a permit!!!
I'm not really willing to share my "best" spots either but I will say some areas around Borrego Springs are nice. I like some spots near Parker (which gives me the opportunity to visit the Desert Bar) just to hint at a few.

Darrell

Latest resources

Back