• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

mommytoad

RVF Newbee
Hey everyone!

First time posting... We currently have a travel trailer with bunk house and are looking to upgrade to either a 5th wheel with bunk house or a 5th wheel toy hauler. My question is we have two kids 11 & 9 and I feel like the bunk house beds are small and if you went with the toy hauler they would have queen size beds but most toy haulers are about 20K more than 5th wheels with bunkhouses. Are the toy haulers really worth that much more? And you lose so much of the inside to a garage setting.

Welcome to RVF, @mommytoad; glad to have you join us. I guess the first question I would have is will you be hauling "toys" or is that option just for getting larger beds? As for whether the toy hauler is "worth" more that the bunkhouse setup, I think only you can answer that. "Worth" is a pretty nebulous term and can mean many things to different people.

TJ

Welcome to RVF, @mommytoad; glad to have you join us. I guess the first question I would have is will you be hauling "toys" or is that option just for getting larger beds? As for whether the toy hauler is "worth" more that the bunkhouse setup, I think only you can answer that. "Worth" is a pretty nebulous term and can mean many things to different people.

TJ
We have a golf cart that we can take in the toy hauler but I really think the bigger bed is really the only reason we started looking at a toy hauler.

Welcome to RVForums @mommytoad. There are tons of RV's out there of varying styles. Find what best suits your needs and go from there. I don't know how they compare cost wise, but you'll always hear to find the floorplan that works for you is most important and then of course find what you need to carry your fun stuff too. Welcome to the site.

Latest resources

Back