RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
After 7 months on the road, it's good to be back home again. Two cracked windshields (coach and toad) , 8 house batteries replaced at NIRVC Atlanta ($$$), dash AC compressor grenaded in Oregon taking the belt and all functions with it ($$$$) , Sanicon hose replacement from pin holes even with sleeve on, yearly service in Gaffney, one more fogged window stop at Suncoast Designers and new fuel prices have made this a rather pricey trip, but an adventure nonetheless.
Screenshot (7)r.jpg

Forgot, the washer also went out two weeks ago. Wife not happy going to laundry facilities... Getting it replaced with Splendede unit.

Forgot, the washer also went out two weeks ago. Wife not happy going to laundry facilities... Getting it replaced with Splendede unit.
All in one or stacked?

Whirlpool stacked. Drain pump quit. Again.

Whirlpool stacked. Drain pump quit. Again.
I have only had whirlpool stacked and splendinie all in one. Never had a problem with either, but hated the all in one.

I am hoping the splendinie stacked is a good quality.

Actually the whirlpool has been used a lot in the 6 years we've owned it. If I have to pull it out (which you do to repair anything) I figured replacement is in order. I've talked with quite a few that have gone with the Splendede and they are happy with their choice.

If it is the drain pump you can easily replace that - 2 screws - the pump is right where the drain hose comes out the back - just have to get it out into a place you can get under it. My coach still has the original Sears W/D. I had a bad drain pump, replaced it with a "replacement" model but the new pump was missing a ground wire connection. I still haven't figured it out but I think I need a self tapping screw to attach the ground to the metal housing. Your vintage coach, it should be straight replacement.

If it is the drain pump you can easily replace that - 2 screws - the pump is right where the drain hose comes out the back - just have to get it out into a place you can get under it. My coach still has the original Sears W/D. I had a bad drain pump, replaced it with a "replacement" model but the new pump was missing a ground wire connection. I still haven't figured it out but I think I need a self tapping screw to attach the ground to the metal housing. Your vintage coach, it should be straight replacement.
Yes, but...
The washer has to be removed to access the pump mounting from the back. To remove the washer, you first must remove the dryer and get both of them over the toilet in the rear bath, or remove it also. I don't want to have to do it again in 6 months if another part fails.

Our ventana came with the splendide and it's excellent, the stacked pair. Have talked to lots of owners with combo units, they are not happy, it does not clean as well and does not dry as well. Make place for stacked, you will like that better, and can wash and dry at same time, a plus if bedtime is early.

Fuel prices here are $3.289-3.899 North Georgia. Heard CA over 7.00 gallon in places for diesel. Thank you >>>>>>> for putting that person in charge. Every single consumer and oil field worker wants to thank you too. About 100,000 people lost jobs within 2 weeks of 1-20-2021. The cost of fuel, will be my limiting factor weather we use RV this winter if at all. Once Clean bill of health from DR, that will be factor, and I can cancel the reservations we have and just sit home. And that is why if you check I put ours back on the "FOR SALE Block". Might not be able to afford 4.50 gallon for diesel.

After 7 months on the road, it's good to be back home again. Two cracked windshields (coach and toad) , 8 house batteries replaced at NIRVC Atlanta ($$$), dash AC compressor grenaded in Oregon taking the belt and all functions with it ($$$$) , Sanicon hose replacement from pin holes even with sleeve on, yearly service in Gaffney, one more fogged window stop at Suncoast Designers and new fuel prices have made this a rather pricey trip, but an adventure nonetheless.View attachment 9476
Wow, that's a remarkable trip! Congratulations on making it all the way through.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back