Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
My fav place Luray KOA - nope

State Parks such as Shenandoah - nope

Campgrounds are FULL. I'm trying to find someplace out west to enjoy some fall foliage. Becoming quite a challenge. Will have to venture out to places unknown, which is good, but was hoping for a quick return to a fav location.

i think campground "full" is a trend that is going to be with us for a while until people resort back to their other means of travel. When you say out "west" are you referring to your return to Palmcatraz?

Try Walnut Hils

I may head a little further west to WV. I try to head out to capture fall foliage each year. Hit or miss as it rolls across.

I may head a little further west to WV. I try to head out to capture fall foliage each year. Hit or miss as it rolls across.

We were just at Five Rivers Campground a few weeks ago. Big, along the River, and in the Monongahela National Forest. It is about a 4.5 hr drive from Midlothian. If you use one of the sites along the river you will have fairly good Wifi. They also provide cable TV. Going up through Davis is the ski area and higher elevations where the leaves will change earlier.

Plenty of room here in Polson, @Neal, but you better hurry as the resort closes down for the winter on October 15. ;)

TJ

Neal, there is a beautiful place near Galax Va. It is called Deer Creek. A private ownership resort, but they do rentals of RV sites. Most have casita's with outdoor entertainment centers, grill's, etc.
It is close to Galax, but also close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, & the North Carolina state line. Most all of the coaches there were Newmars, Entegras, & Tiffins.
Here's a link. Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort Virginia Make Yourself at Home in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Neal, there is a beautiful place near Galax Va. It is called Deer Creek. A private ownership resort, but they do rentals of RV sites. Most have casita's with outdoor entertainment centers, grill's, etc.
It is close to Galax, but also close to the Blue Ridge Parkway, & the North Carolina state line. Most all of the coaches there were Newmars, Entegras, & Tiffins.
Here's a link. Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort Virginia Make Yourself at Home in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Are those full hookup sites with cable?

Are those full hookup sites with cable?
Yes, I believe they are, but I had good enough WiFi to steam my TV so I never connected the cable although my site had it. My spot was #18. Sites A-F are along the river. On top of the maintenance building right next to spot 33 about 5 feet above the roof is where the WiFi repeater is. There may be others, but that was the one closest to us. The owners are very friendly. Give them a call and they will be glad to help. If anyone goes there let me know and my wife Twila can tell you a lot of places to see. She was born and raised there.

Attachments

• 4A366960-80D3-46A9-B747-B73758C5817C.jpeg
    4A366960-80D3-46A9-B747-B73758C5817C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thanks, This looks like one to put on my list.

Latest resources

Back