Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LawrenceSolomon

RVF Regular
I have a 2021 Roadtrek Zion Slumber. Just purchased, only 70 total miles. I started up the engine today and the Firefly panel will not come on. I pushed the battery disconnect rocker switch to "on" and still nothing. This means I cannot use any of the appliances or check levels. The step that goes out from the side of the van will not go back in after I close the side door. Does anyone have any ideas?

House battery? Charged?

Asking if you had another battery besides chassis battery and if so was it fully charged

Most coaches have two separate batteries; one to start and run the engine (chassis battery) and one to power lights, appliances, etc. (house battery) in the coach itself. I don’t know the RoadTrek unit, but I would assume it is set up this way. If the ”house battery” is not charged, things like your Firefly panel will have no power.

If everything in your coach is powered off a single battery (unlikely IME), then a dead house battery isn’t the issue since you were able to start the engine.

TJ

Thank you. I've been running the engine but still the panel does not come on. Should I plug into the A/C outlet at my house to charge it? I would have thought the engine would charge via the generator.

First, you need to determine where your batteries are. Then, you need to check voltages and have the house battery load-tested. If the battery is OK, you may have a fuse or breaker open, a bad wire connection, etc. Are other 12V items in the coach working (e.g. overhead lights, charging outlets, etc?,

Have you checked with the service department where you bought the coach? They should be able to help.

TJ

Please post a follow-up when you get the problem figured out. That could help another RVer with a similar problem.

TJ

Make sure the switch for the coach battery is on while driving and it should charge while driving. I did not think it will charge if switch is off, mine does not. My thought is the coach battery may be dead.

Latest resources

Back