Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
After sitting for a month in hot weather, I was worried about my DEF and turns out rightfully so. I started the big girl up the day before I was set to travel and the DEF gauge lit up like it was on fire. Got a check engine light with DEF Concentration High message. I aired up and shut the coach down and restarted it and the message went away. Meanwhile I put some fresh DEF in to hopefully make things mo betta. Travel day...I started the coach up and got the High Def Concentration Message again. Shut the coach down, banged on the sensor and started it up again and the message went away. I still have a yellow triangle with exclamation point with message Emissions, but that's it. Any thoughts?

I arrived at the campground yesterday and the Silverleaf thinks it is July 6th. Today it thinks it is July 5th. My radio doesn't know what time it is and the navigation system won't come on so I finally decided to do the firmware update on the radio. I put the thumb drive in over an hour ago and nothing appears to be happening. The following message has been on the screen. Has anyone else done the update? Thought I'd check here before I sit in a 45 min queue for customer service help.

Thanks for any help/thoughts/advice.

As always,

Renee
B81C503B-8BF2-4926-B6D4-9E34B67686B4.jpeg

Is the thumb drive the firmware update? I finally was able to update over the air after getting the wifi ‘dongle’ left out in assembly.

Not sure if you mentioned whether you had a good wifi connection but mine had this when I checked the wifi list. “Menu > System > Setup > “WIFI SETTINGS”. DOES NOT EXIST”

So you may be able to over-the-air update if you have a wifi connection.

All I can think of for now.

Thanks @FloridaSon for your response. Wifi updates on my system are only to update the maps. To update the firmware and navigation, you have to use a USB stick.

For those who haven't or don't know how to do this, here are the instructions to do the update. I was provided the USB sticks by RiverPark along with instructions so I didn't have to go through the below process; however, I still cannot get it to download. It seems to be hung up. Still waiting for a return phone call. Will post when I have more information.

Please see the latest firmware update below. Below the update process I will also include a link to update the navigation program on the infotainment center. The update to the navigation will resolve incorrect speed limits displaying on the system. Also I confirmed with Xite Solutions, the manufacturer of the infotainment system, that the reverse gridlines should only appear when the reverse signal is engaged.

http://service.xitesolutions.com/Content/Firmware/Newmar/2022/LuxuryDiesel/update_M617_G4_Newmar_LuxuryDiesel_Production.zip

1. Click the link above.
  2. Open your web browser (Google Chrome for example) and select the arrow next to the download. Select Show in folder.
image001.jpg

1. When the download is complete, a folder should open where the download is saved. Usually it will be your download’s folder. Please copy or drag the file to your blank USB stick.
image002.jpg

1. There should only be one file on your USB stick.

Navigation Engine Update:

https://service.xitesolutions.com/Content/Docs/NavNGo_Navigation_G4/G4_NavNGo_Navigation_engine_update_April2022.pdf

Update: Jimmy Fletcher from RiverPark (very nice guy) spent quite a bit of time with me, as we tried to navigate the updates. Still couldn't get them to upload. Tomorrow we will hear back from the engineers.

ARD, Just to clarify, you were able to download them to your computer and put on thumb drive, but cant get them to install on dash device, or cant get them to download to computer??

Following . . .

Thanks @FloridaSon for your response. Wifi updates on my system are only to update the maps. To update the firmware and navigation, you have to use a USB stick.

For those who haven't or don't know how to do this, here are the instructions to do the update. I was provided the USB sticks by RiverPark along with instructions so I didn't have to go through the below process; however, I still cannot get it to download. It seems to be hung up. Still waiting for a return phone call. Will post when I have more information.
I downloaded the zip file which is the file that you point to in your screenshot. There are four files within this zip file. Here is what I would suggest trying:
  1. Right-click the thumb drive inserted in your Mac and choose the Format option. I think that's how you format in Mac, I'm using Windows at the moment. There should be an option for file system, choose FAT32 if available (you may have to use Disk Utility if I recall...to format - don't format the wrong drive, I'll change my number!).
  2. Extract the zip file on your Mac (not thumb drive) and copy the FOUR FILES to your thumb drive
  3. Insert the thumb drive into your dash radio and see if it updates now
  4. The PDF referenced in your post is for a different system, it referenced an apk (android package) file for the update which is not the zip file you were provided.

I downloaded the zip file which is the file that you point to in your screenshot. There are four files within this zip file. Here is what I would suggest trying:
  1. Right-click the thumb drive inserted in your Mac and choose the Format option. I think that's how you format in Mac, I'm using Windows at the moment. There should be an option for file system, choose FAT32 if available
  2. Extract the zip file on your Mac (not thumb drive) and copy the FOUR FILES to your thumb drive
  3. Insert the thumb drive into your dash radio and see if it updates now
  4. The PDF referenced in your post is for a different system, it referenced an apk file for the update which is not the zip file you were provided.
First of all, you are not supposed to unzip the file (per Jimmy). You would need to compress the files before copying to USB stick. I’ve even erased the USB stick that RP sent me and together we downloaded the file again. It still doesn’t work, nor does the navigation update.

I don’t have a problem with the USB sticks. I have them on 2 different thumb drives, firmware and nav. The problem is when I insert the stick into the USB port and select immediately to update, it just hangs there.

Hopefully will have more answers tomorrow. Thanks everyone for input.

ARD, Just to clarify, you were able to download them to your computer and put on thumb drive, but cant get them to install on dash device, or cant get them to download to computer??
RiverPark sent me the drives so I did not actually have to download them to my computer and drag to the thumb drive. However, we did erase the firmware drive and downloaded the zip file again just in case. The issue is when I insert the drive into the USB port and select update, I get the screen noted above n my initial post and nothing happens. I’ve reset the radio, did the battery disconnect… sigh.

Hopefully the engineers will come up with something. 🥴

Latest resources

Back