RV Length
Chassis
FL
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
So far some of the standout features are:
1) really appreciate the redesigned bathrooms, the 1/2 batch has more counter space and a more ergonomic feel. The rear bath has been flipped side to side allowing better area to pass the bed while entering the bathroom
2) we opted for the theater seating and kitchen booth over the 18 with freestanding chairs and rocker recliners, the best feature of this change is no chairs to stow for travel
3) the sofa bed on the 23 is a foldout mattress vs a blowup bed on the 18
4) the kitchen sink is a farmhouse style and has improved space
5) the cabinets and trim on the 23 are 1,000 % better than my 18.
6)a wall mounted 10 inch panel at midship, controls everything in the coach and with an app can be controlled by smart tablet or phone
7) a little known feature that started in the 2021 DS, the gray and black tank capacities were increase buy 10 gallons each, now 55 B 75 G a big improvement over 18
8) 23 has all digital dash, and large glass displays for Radio and cameras
9) 23 has integrated TPMS system
10) 23 has steering wheel controls and the FL chassis has one of my favorite features, the lever shift and lever actuated engine brakes, no more having to look over my left shoulder to operate, eyes stay on the road
11) the 23 being my 3rd new Newmar is the first to not have rims covered in overspray paint. Finally Newmar has addressed this annoying issue!!!!
Obviously I haven’t covered all of the changes as there are many.
My conclusion so far
The 18 had less paint flaws.
The 23 is 1,000 % better fit and finish on the inside
The 23 has better gauges and controls
The 23 hasn’t been trouble free but overall pretty good.
I’ll keep you updated as we get more hours on the 23
Stuart W

Attachments

• BDC3A7A9-0C56-4B12-8348-BAD4B689B858.jpeg
    BDC3A7A9-0C56-4B12-8348-BAD4B689B858.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 6554BB88-71DB-478D-BF4F-7116FE713AEC.jpeg
    6554BB88-71DB-478D-BF4F-7116FE713AEC.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 23
Hi @Stuart W did you get your coach from Tom Lindstrom? People say his PDI is very good so you get off to a great start in a new coach. Hopefully see you on the CA roadways one of these days.

Last edited:
Great to hear!

Hi @Stuart W did you get yourq coach from Tom Lindstrom? People say his PDI is very good so you get off to a great start in a new coach. Hopefully see you on the CA roadways one of these days.
Absolutely! Number 3! Tom and crew are great

Neal had asked me if I would be returning to the mothership for 1 year warranty work? We are considering going to Newmar for paint and other work, partly for the experience!

Make your appointment yesterday. You'll probably see @ARD there. 😁

@Stuart W I saw a YouTube video this weekend on the 2023's and it appears Newmar changed the basement gasket design so you don't have to slam the basement doors. Any feedback/info on this?

@Stuart W I saw a YouTube video this weekend on the 2023's and it appears Newmar changed the basement gasket design so you don't have to slam the basement doors. Any feedback/info on this?
Yes they did, it is amazing, the only tuff door is the pegboard door

Just got back from a 8 day trip, So to add to the list
12) basement doors shut with 2 fingers, no more slamming
13) not sure how, but the water pressure in the shower is greatly improved over my 18
14) large kitchen window, had none in 18 and regretted that. Would never be without kitchen window again
15) power drivers window from upper line models, no more sliding window and screen
16) oasis system is now in one case and takes up less basement room

Stuart, what's your opinion on the Freightliner Chassis?

Latest resources

Back