• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question first purchase review plateform

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome to RVF, @chaddil1; glad to have you join us here. Unfortunately, I don’t think such a review platform exists. There are at least two reasons why. First, the definition of “best review platform” and, second, the definition of “right Class A motorhome for us.”

Both are very individual preferences and what might be “best” or “right” for me might not be the same for you. That said, RVF is a great place to ask questions and get good answers within the boundaries of personal preference. Lots of knowledgeable and experienced motorhome owners here.

Why don’t you tell us a bit more about how you plan to use the motorhome, what size you might be interested in, fuel preference (gas or diesel), your preferred budget range and what special amenities you might be looking for? That would help us get started in pointing you in the right direction.

TJ

Welcome to RVF, @chaddil1; glad to have you join us here. Unfortunately, I don’t think such a review platform exists. There are at least two reasons why. First, the definition of “best review platform” and, second, the definition of “right Class A motorhome for us.”

Both are very individual preferences and what might be “best” or “right” for me might not be the same for you. That said, RVF is a great place to ask questions and get good answers within the boundaries of personal preference. Lots of knowledgeable and experienced motorhome owners here.

Why don’t you tell us a bit more about how you plan to use the motorhome, what size you might be interested in, fuel preference (gas or diesel), your preferred budget range and what special amenities you might be looking for? That would help us get started in pointing you in the right direction.

TJ
we are looking for a 34" to 36" , tier 4 Gas motor home ($130,000 to 150,000) with King Bed, washer/dryer, one bath or bath & 1/2, 7.3 ford V8 engine, tire 22.5, and capabile of towing a small car. We Plan on traveling as snow birds to differences warm area/states each year.

we are looking for a 34" to 36" , tier 4 Gas motor home ($130,000 to 150,000) with King Bed, washer/dryer, one bath or bath & 1/2, 7.3 ford V8 engine, tire 22.5, and capabile of towing a small car. We Plan on traveling as snow birds to differences warm area/states each year.
Thanks, that helps. Admittedly, I am a bit brand-prejudiced toward Newmar, but they build a quality coach and the specs you provided fall right into place with the Canyon Star and Bay Star models. And, remember that the prices you see on the Newmar website are MSRP; there’s usually some wiggle-room at the dealer.

In gas Class A coaches, I don’t think there is anything better on the market today.

TJ

I have a Gas Class "A" ; 2020 Newmar Canyon Star model 3710. First, As I am sure I'm biased; I believe the 2020 Newmar Canyon Star is the finest "luxury gas coach" on the market!

That said, the 2021 Canyon Star is now a "Front engine diesel" coach. However, Newmar still builds the "Bay Star" which has been upgraded and is a quality gas coach!

Prior to ordering my 2020 Newmar, I did a lot of research on competitive makes, drove a couple, & did some price comparisons too. Yes, the Newmar is more expensive, but when you dig into the weeds, to see what you're really buying, the value is there. Example, most other brand coaches this size are all built on a 22,000GVWR Ford F-53 chassis. The Newmar is built on a 26,000 GVWR Ford F-53 chassis. Not only a heavier chassis, but larger capacity tires as well. Many other things, such as insulation quality, Side wall construction, slide out construction, all enter into the buying decision. Especially the Newmar full paint process! There are many other reasons too, such as the ability to "customize" your coach to suit your needs. Other manufacturers offer a couple of options & that's it; take it or leave it. Newmar offers a number of different "floor plans", & "lengths's" too. Consider the new "BAY STAR", or even look at a new 2020 Canyon Star. There are some out there. Check them out at www.newmar.com

Another source is www.rvtrader.com They have many new or used coaches of all makes and manufacture!

If not Newmar, consider a Tiffin, probably the next best gas coach on the market. There are others too; a Fleetwood Bounder comes to mind. Holiday Rambler has a couple nice gas coaches, & so too Winnebago.

Due to quality of construction issues, much less expensive cabinetry, and other manufacturer issues; like lesser rated GVW chassis', etc; I personally would not recommend any other brands! The "see, feel, & touch", may look good on the surface......BUT......BUYER BEWARE!

Best of luck in your pursuit of your new coach! Hopefully you will enjoy it for many years, & miles too!

I think many of us are biased to some extent. When I was searching it seemed as the names that represented quality were , Newmar, Tiffin, Entegra and Winnebego. I ended up choosing Newmar for a number of reasons - not all having to do with quality, though quality was a top priority.

In a gas coach - either Tiffin or Newmarket will give you a quality product. you may have some difficulty finding a 2021 coach in the price range you specify, though.

Latest resources

Back