• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Manu089

RVF Newbee
Hi all,

First of all I’m happy I found this forum - I’m new to RV‘s and I’m currently looking at buying a 2021 Highland Ridge RV Open Range Conventional OT19BH. I tried to find some reviews online but wasn’t able to find much. I have 2 young kids and a wife and we don’t camp a ton. 5-6 times a year for mostly one - two nights so we don’t need much fancy but something for us all to be comfortable. I understand its a lower priced entry model so don’t expect high end quality but was wondering if anyone has experience with it they would be able to share. Thank you!

Sorry. No experience with that particular model but let me give you some advice. Go RV shopping and leave your checkbook at home. Go to an RV show if you can. Look at a BUNCH of models and brands in your price range. Pretty soon you'll be able to figure out why some RV's cost more than others. A higher price isn't always a bad thing. Some of these things are pretty much JUNK if you really look close enough. Then after you decide what you want in an RV the most important thing long term is the floor plan. Really imagine your whole family inside this thing and imagine how you would use it. The floor plan will make you love it or hate it. Unfortunately AFTER you finance it for 20 years it's too late to figure out the floor plan doesn't work for your needs. Look at the booth or table. Can you get everyone in there? Some booths are LOTS smaller than others!!! Do you have to turn your head 90 degrees to watch TV from the couch? You'd be amazed at how many have you do this and how uncomfortable it is. Is the bed big enough? Lay down on it. Is the shower big enough? Get in it. Can you close the door while sitting on the toilet? Some of them are so small you can't. Stuff like this. Take your time and don't let anybody rush you into a sale!! Good luck!

I looked at some RVs that had that corner bed and decided it would be too much of pain to work with. However they do make "zipper sheets" and sleeping 'bags' to make it easier. I was thinking more of long trips.
I looked up that model I noticed that the TV is exactly opposite the sofa and that's good. I liked the big sink also. And separate 'master bedroom' (does it have its own TV? - I'm not sure how the who,e family could watch the TV at once). I liked the tub/shower idea also.
I agree with the other posts - try to imagine living in it, and look at many many Rvs.
Oh, I forgot to mention - just be sure you know where you'll be able to store clothing for everyone, plus groceries, kitchen supplies, etc.

Latest resources

Back