RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I'm in Davenport Fl and the best cell speed rating I can get is 0.7 on T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. AT&T I'm getting 4 bars and 5G and T-Mobile I get 3 bars and 5G. I just placed an order for Starlink and then talked to a guy in the campgrounds and he says he can 5 on speed test and dead during prime time. Campground WIFI I can 20 on speed test and can stream.

If you can, test individual bands and you may find something that works. I suspect your device is choosing the strongest band signals just like everyone else in the county. For example, for me in Alabama Band 66 has the strongest signal but a speed of maybe 250k while if I select Band 4 I get a slightly weaker signal but a solid 20Mbps+ for months.

If you can, test individual bands and you may find something that works. I suspect your device is choosing the strongest band signals just like everyone else in the county. For example, for me in Alabama Band 66 has the strongest signal but a speed of maybe 250k while if I select Band 4 I get a slightly weaker signal but a solid 20Mbps+ for months.

^^^^^
I have found this to be true also.

I run through the Verizon bands without much of a difference still less than 1.0 on the speed test but I haven't tried the T-Mobile bands yet. My AT&T is in my iPhone 13.

Last edited:
Sometimes a reboot of your phone (or cycle airplane mode) or router if using a Pepwave, etc. can help re-establish towers and make a difference.

AT&T I'm getting 4 bars and 5G and T-Mobile I get 3 bars and 5G.
I wish people would understand that the bar display on their phones is a very crude representation of signal strength and tells you practically nothing about the speeds you will measure. Modern cell phones are usable over a signal strength range of >50db which is a factor of 100,000. There's no way that a simply bar display can come close to depicting that range. The bars, pretty much, are there just to show that you have a signal. Furthermore, with digital devices, such as phones, the strength of your signal has very little to do with your speed, anyway.

I wish people would understand that the bar display on their phones is a very crude representation of signal strength and tells you practically nothing about the speeds you will measure. Modern cell phones are usable over a signal strength range of >50db which is a factor of 100,000. There's no way that a simply bar display can come close to depicting that range. The bars, pretty much, are there just to show that you have a signal. Furthermore, with digital devices, such as phones, the strength of your signal has very little to do with your speed, anyway.

Yes, I fully understand that probably better than you. I owed my own ISP business for 6 years and three DS3 and SWB put in fiber cabinet in my business and MUX out T1s into 24 phone lines using Ascend Terminal servers and ISDN lines and configured DSL services. I also service several other ISPs with internet services and I even owned two Class C. My SWB bill was over $80,000.00 a month. Sure glad I have an advanced CAT20 modem and band lock capabilities and am able to use my 43.00 per month 5G service

Neal- I used my Pepwave to band lock and restated during high traffic and little find another tower but no luck. Last night I had my T-Mobile M2000 hotspot get over 280 on speed test but today it is down to below one but the upload is above 40 which shows how congested the tower is. My Calyx connection TOS says I have to use the M2000 but I may try it in my Pepwave BR1 5G. My AT&T phone was so bad that I was getting a fast beep busy signals with means there no avaliable service on the tower. I get this at home during home football games.

US-27 in that area is one of the heaviest-used highways in central Florida, of course along with I-4. That's a lot of devices connected.

US-27 in that area is one of the heaviest-used highways in central Florida, of course along with I-4. That's a lot of devices connected.

That is a true statement. Waze said that 11.5 miles and took us 50 minutes to get there on I-4. I guess there isn't any incentive to upgrade towers in the area wihen all three carries are congested. I just hope it clears up after school starts or atleast get a little better.

Cellular sucks and I can't wait for Starphone.

Latest resources

Back