RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
Freelander 21QB
RV Length
24'
Fulltimer
No
I had no idea that oil changes cost so much. I have been quoted $200 to $300 for an oil change. Is that normal? On top of that besides the dealer
who charges close to the $300, where in the world can you take it to get an oil change?

@arties45 please complete your profile so we can see what type of RV you have within your profile. What engine does your Coachman Freelander have and how much oil does it take? Some of the engines such as my Cummins diesel requires a lot of oil hence the cost. It's sadly part of the "RV Lifestyle"

I get chassis work done at a light truck service center. E-450 V10 takes 7 qts of il. Mobile 1 full synthetic ~ $45, 1/2 hr labor @ $150/ hr = $75 => ~ $120 -$150 with filter.

What exactly are they doing in addition to oil and filter change?

Oh My God Reaction GIF

@arties45 please complete your profile so we can see what type of RV you have within your profile. What engine does your Coachman Freelander have and how much oil does it take? Some of the engines such as my Cummins diesel requires a lot of oil hence the cost. It's sadly part of the "RV Lifestyle"
Engine oil capacity on RVs varies widely - anywhere from 7 qts to 14 gallons. In addition to the oil there is the size/cost of filters that will vary.

Need to know what engine you have to provide specific input. Like Neal said, sometimes the RV lifestyle does have some extra RV costs involved, especially when it is a Diesel engine.

I like to do more and more of the maintenance on our RV, but still plan to pay for the oil change so I don’t have to deal with the large amount of oil.

The title of the post indicates the coach is a Coachman Freelander, which is on a Ford F350 or 450, or a Chevy 4500.

The title of the post indicates the coach is a Coachman Freelander, which is on a Ford F350 or 450, or a Chevy 4500.
Ford F350 or F450 have gas or diesel engines. Which is it? Makes a big difference.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back