Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Over the past few years Newmar is not handling the 24/7 call feature with any reliability for owners. Calling the number on the driver's side window is a great asset for Newmar owners to trust they have support around the clock. This has become a service that people won't even use now because no one answers the phone or calls back or even voicemail is full. This needs to be fixed as this is part of the premium Newmar owners are buying into.

Reminder to reader: If you agree click the UP ARROW on the right side of this post. It is a voting up/down suggestion system.

In 2018 when we picked up our new coach. On the trip home we had to call on several occasions. we called the 800, advisor picked up and helped us immediately. Saturday Sunday after hours, etc. it made the trip home doable, not pleasant for newbies, but doable.
Sorry to hear this is not working as advertised with the new Newmar staff.

Made four calls total....three were responded to immediately.....the fourth, I received a "call back" within about 30 minutes!
But, Bruce is no longer with Newmar!
Opps...wrong...had a call last summer, and Michele responded back in about 10 minutes! A good thing as I was in a situation where I could not drive coach, & had to travel 250 miles that day! Issue was temporarily resolved, until I could get to Kansas City, & get a mobile tech to fix it!!
Fortunately....no calls at night!!

As far as I know Freightliner is still maintaining this service. I even got an answer on Christmas day in 2021 when I had another DEF issue. Sad to hear that Newmar is lagging here. For many people the house portion is home, and for the rest it is certainly a significant investment made in good faith. Maybe this is an indication of the shape of things to come under Winnebago.

Sadly, I don’t think this situation will get better. I believe 4 people got laid off in customer service. The RV situation is quite dire here in Nappanee. There have been layoffs across the board at Newmar and employees are rather unsettled. The only department spared so far is service.

I didn’t realize the reason emails are taking so long for Newmar to receive (I can only talk in regards to service.) is because they are routed to Winnebago first. So requests, approvals etc from vendors, customers may take 2 hours or even the next day before a team leader receives them.

@Jim I’m thinking you are very smart with your forward thinking on the tiny homes.

Reminder to reader: If you agree click the UP ARROW on the right side of this post. It is a voting up/down suggestion system.
Well aren't you the slick one!

Well aren't you the slick one!
Haha - it's always been in this Suggestions forum allowing people to up/down vote on ideas. :giggle:

Spartan also seems to be still supporting in off hours (had to call during labor day weekend last year due to a brake problem). Shame Newmar isn't responding.

Well I called Sat night. Got a return call Mon am. All I wanted to know is was it safe to drive. Since no answer by Sun am, I maybe made the wrong decision and left Sun pm.

Latest resources

Back