RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Brave
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
Hi everyone, I own a class A 1999 winnebago Brave.

Since I've owned it and operated it, I want to say when I plug in the city water I notice cool water in the floor boards. When I cut the city water and run on fresh, the wetness goes away.

I am wondering as a new RV owner where I would start in terms of troubleshooting this issue or if anyone in the past might know a way of fixing this or knowing what is wrong.

Thanks...

My first thought is that you have a very small split in one of the lines or fittings that only leaks when there is more pressure than the pump provides. Some city water pressure is too high for RV's. I use a regulator in the city connection. Trace it down and fix it before you need a new floor!😖

If you had to trace it, would you get under the RV where the city line is and attempt to find out where the line goes? Yes, I always put the city water on very low as possible from the pump, but if that's the case than perhaps I need to buy a water regulator for it.

If you had to trace it, would you get under the RV where the city line is and attempt to find out where the line goes? Yes, I always put the city water on very low as possible from the pump, but if that's the case than perhaps I need to buy a water regulator for it.
Regulators aren't very expensive and it's a good idea even if you don't have a leak. I have mine set to 40 p.s.i.
As far as the leak goes, look around where the wet floor is and go up keeping in mind that it can run down at angles depending on what is there, i,e, wires, hoses and structural items.

Then a regulator for the city line should be in order and when it stops raining here I'll have a look under where the leak happens to be.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back