Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Something tells me Florida is going to be especially difficult this winter. 1) I want to go there 2) Vacationing is going to be RV heavy this time around. Anyone started making Florida reservations?

We tried to get reservation in Ft Myers where we have stayed before, Gulf Waters and couldn’t get in. Asked for 1, 2 or 3 months and was told only had 6 month rental available. We were looking at Jan-Mar and haven’t come up with plan B yet.

My potential Pickleball stop north of Naples won't take less than 3 month reservations until Sept 15th. Holding until then and also on a waiting list for Pelican Lake as they aren't reserving yet either but I know they are expensive. May be a couch winter!

My potential Pickleball stop north of Naples won't take less than 3 month reservations until Sept 15th. Holding until then and also on a waiting list for Pelican Lake as they aren't reserving yet either but I know they are expensive. May be a couch winter!

@Neal ...why not just buy a lot at Pelican Lake!! How long are you looking for? What months?

@Neal ...why not just buy a lot at Pelican Lake!! How long are you looking for? What months?

Last time at Pelican Lake I almost did. I spent all my time in Naples looking at lots. I need to spend time enjoying Naples next time. Believe me, that thought is still in my head as I'm considering "most of the timing" and may downsize someday. However, I don't like giving blank checks to HOA's and while I was there last (I think it was Jan 2018) they were recovering from the recent hurricane and they raised the dues substantially, people were in the office complaining. I opted against it as it was counter to my new RVing lifestyle of NOT anchoring in one place. We shall see!

Since this is still a small community here, I will pass along this pro tip: FL state parks are very difficult to get reservations unless you know this hack: www.wanderinglabs.com.

I have used it for the past two years and it has been very, very helpful.

Send them 20 bucks and they check for openings nearly continuously. I don’t do that craziness with trying to get reservations out at 11 months anymore.

Just pick a park, tell them your window, and wait for an email notification. Then dive through burning oil to get the reservation booked while it’s available. (Just kidding a little on that last part).

That 20 bucks buys their services for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
@USMCRet are they still in business. Check the link above in your post.

I edited the link. They are still a going concern. Thanks Neal.

@Neal We were at Naples Motorcoach Resort last March and there were several empty lots. Its $$$$ but it's Naples. Great group of Picklball players there.

We are wait listed at Silver Lakes in Naples. Not as fancy or pricey as Pelican Lakes or Naples Motorcoach. They have a par 3 golf course, pickleball, clubhouse etc. We want to stay there because their lots are set up for double wide trailers. IF we were to consider buying a lot this set up is a bit more appealing since it would still be usable if / when we exit the motorcoach scene.

We spent a month at Myakka River Motorcoach resort in Port Charlotte this year and have a reservation to go back in 2021. They started taking reservations in Feb. I would expect a wait list at this time but it might work out. Less expensive than Naples, weather about the same & another great pickleball group..

Just pick a park, tell them your window, and wait for an email notification. Then dive through burning oil to get the reservation booked while it’s available. (Just kidding a little on that last part).
I'm new to the RV lifestyle and this may be old hat to a lot of you. But wow, that is great!

Latest resources

Back