Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Florida plans - winter 2022-23?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If you were planning to go to Florida this coming winter, are you still planning on going? I was considering Pelican Lakes end of Jan or mid February. Now I'm not sure. Who else is planning to head to Florida this winter?

Just as soon as I can get there, and if wife doesn't start contributing to some of these decisions instead of just saying "I don't know" I'll be leaving her in IL and she can come down whenever she wants.
Sick of the nonsense. Pay a year round lease on the place, no need being cold here.

By Jan most of the areas that experienced the storm will be back in full business. If your expecting to stay on the barrier islands on the SW part of the state, then no they will take a long time to recover. According to Desantis and FPL update yesterday, they plan to have power back on by 10/9 for over 95% of the state. That is a lot of the state that will have full services and be expecting their winter tourism dollars to arrive. Our son is in Punta Gorda and his power came back on yesterday and water expected to get past the boil alert soon. Some restaurant are already open and the business they have in a marina community is open and undamaged. Please don't misread this, the areas hit hardest are devastated and will take time a long time to recover and my prayers are with them. However, 95% of the state is still there and looking forward to the winter business they rely on for their livelihoods.

BTW Neal, if you come to Pelican Lakes, we will be in Fort Myers in Jan Feb, would love to meet you. My wife is upping the ante with a home cooked meal if your interested!

BTW Neal, if you come to Pelican Lakes, we will be in Fort Myers in Jan Feb, would love to meet you. My wife is upping the ante with a home cooked meal if your interested!
Thanks!!! I'll definitely let you know if I'm coming.

We are going to the Davenport area from 30 Dec 22 to 4 April 23 and our plans are still to go. We had a heck of a time finding reservations. Jan time frame was the worst with the Tampa RV show going on.

How are things going for those in Florida or going to Florida with the hurricane damage?

@NWIP are you all able to nest in your winter retreat? How are things looking at your place in Ft Myers?

We’re on pine island, between Cape Coral and Captiva. Some places are real bad. On our street some of the houses have minimal damage, then down the street further it looks like this:

Attachments

• 81ED1A43-B8A6-45AE-809D-F4E391416CA2.jpeg
    81ED1A43-B8A6-45AE-809D-F4E391416CA2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
We’re on pine island, between Cape Coral and Captiva. Some places are real bad. On our street some of the houses have minimal damage, then down the street further it looks like this:
Wow! That is devastation. Unbelievable.

Latest resources

Back