RV Model
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins L9 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Wrangler
I have the T-Mobile Franklin T-9 from FMCA it is only 4G and in my travels the service sucks. I am about ready to cancel. Just wondering what other people are getting with the Franklin T-9. My normal speed is less than 5Mbps down and less than 1Mbps up. That is ok for emails and general web searches, as long as the website doesn't put in a lot of ads. Once in a while, I will see download speed in the teens but that doesn't last long. I feel it is because the hotspot is 4G and T-Mobile is switching to 5G and the 4G towers do not have the bandwidth.

I can't answer your question but from what I recall on what you get for the plan, I'd cancel it and go with either the AT&T 100 GB for 55/mo (prepaid) or the T-Mobile offering of the same (I did not have good coverage in my US travels with T-Mobile and personally don't like it). I don't know what Verizon has now as I don't know if they still have their prepaid 100 GB plan. I know people with the above mentioned plans are having great success with the Pepwave as their router (cellular & wifi).

Verizon only has 100gb plan @ $50 if adding to existing prepaid account

I'm on a 100 GB prepaid tablet plan for $65/mo (after auto pay). Not sure it's still available, a store may be able to access it but I don't think it's on the web but you could call and ask Verizon and see what they say.

We have the FMCA Sprint/tMobile plan, but with the Inseego 2000 MiFi pack (which supports 5g). Speeds vary from place to place, but generally our worst speeds are what the OP shows as their typical.

We frequently will get 30-50 down and 8-15 up. We have seen peeks of 100+ down and 70+ up.

At our current location (bad), we only have 5-8 down and 1-3 up.

We have the FMCA Sprint/tMobile plan, but with the Inseego 2000 MiFi pack (which supports 5g). Speeds vary from place to place, but generally our worst speeds are what the OP shows as their typical.

We frequently will get 30-50 down and 8-15 up. We have seen peeks of 100+ down and 70+ up.

At our current location (bad), we only have 5-8 down and 1-3 up.
I think it is a 4G thing. Before the Franklin T9 I had the MiFi 8000 and that was worse in speed and coverage. I was hoping for the 2000 but they changed over to the Franklin T9. I was hoping for better with the 71 band. It is better in coverage but not so much in speed

Latest resources

Back