Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI For those Tesla fans and data junkies?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No

Interesting. Thanks for posting. My personal opinion is that they are not using 4680 cells in the model S based solely on the leaked info of 2170 demand from Japan and a new chemistry used in those 2170’s. But who knows. Apparently there are a few thousand model Y’s running around with 4680 cells but all company cars and all in long term testing rolls. Sounds like they are still working out a few issues with them.

Zero to sixty in 2 seconds is crazy fast. Our model 3 does it around 4 seconds and that feels crazy fast.

I think Porsche and Tesla will continue to trade top spots in the future. But Tesla has the Supercharger network and therefore owns the market. I used to think that public networks were the way forward for the future but now am leaning towards private charging networks like the Tesla Supercharger network or Rivians private network plans. The other vehicle manufacturers just don’t seem serious about adding infrastructure and to date, at least in North America there seems to be little coordination at Government levels to coordinate the private development of cutting edge charging infrastructure. In europe and Asia that is a completely different story and infrastructure is advancing in leaps and bounds. But I think on this side of the pond private networks will be king...and specifically Tesla.

Latest resources

Back