Chassis
E450
Engine
7.3 gas
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford Ranger
Fulltimer
No
It’s time to get back in a truck ( 1 1/2 years with no truck). I am looking at the Ranger. Will serve my needs on the truck and the 4x4 is flat towable. Anyone had experience towing a new Ranger. I am looking at 2019 or 2020.

We tow a 2021 4x4 Ranger. It's alright and serves our needs well. It's my daily driver too. It's a bit hefty too at 4500# empty. We use Cat scales on our trips to make sure we are not over loaded in the toad.
We use the Brake Buddy 3 for supplemental braking as I didn't want to drill next to the brake petal, which is at an odd angle for the permanent system.

I'd pick the Ranger as a toad again if given the choice. We like it.

Thanks for the response. It will be my daily driver as well. I do not drive much day to day, retired. Our MH has a tow capacity of 7500 lbs, 2021 E450. The Escape we take now is around 3500 but we use a dolly. I want to get rid of the dolly and I want a truck.

After a couple of years without a truck, I also hit the 'got to get back to a truk point'! The result was 2020 Ranger 4x4. I'm, overall, very happy with the truck and have not had any issues with towing it. I found that I preferred the ride with the standard suspension over the offroad (FX4) suspension. I have the Air Force One brake system.

Thanks. I’m going to look at one tomorrow in Chattanooga.

Well I set the hook on Friday, 2019 Lariat. The manual does not mention stopping so often and running the engine when flat towing. I ran through the steps I was just wondering if that’s is. I just want to get it right.

Stopping and running the engine is not mentioned in my 2020 manual either. I haven't done that.

Thanks for the response. Now to figure out how to change the Question to Answered 🤦‍♂️

I believe Neal can help you.
Glad you got it sorted.

Latest resources

Back