• Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
Fulltimer
No
What is up with Ford?

I was on my local lot this weekend looking at Superdutys. I have bought a bunch of new Fords from this dealer and have always been happy.

As I looked at the window stickers I found that the person who decides how to equip these trucks isnt a truck person.

A Superduty is most likely being bought to haul or tow with, not a soccer mom haulling the kids around or a yuppie going to Starbucks for a latte.

Why would you put a $405 sliding rear window in and instead put the $160 upgrade front springs and rear sway bar and the $280 power folding mirrors?

Why would you put the $2995 XLT premium package in and not the $1655 trailer tow camara system and backup assist? The 360 camara is a lot more useful than heated seats in the market where the truck is being sold.

Also every Superduty on the lots within 50 miles of me are 4x4s. I like a 4x4 but have no need for one. I can order a F250/F350 gasser and nicely equip it for towing a TT or 5er for less than 50k. I cant buy that truck off the lot because the dealer will not order one.

Fulltimer
No
Better than the person who doesnt equip an entire lot of Superdutys for towing. Most of them had a 3.31 gear, a couple of them had 3.55s.

RV Year
RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Better than the person who doesnt equip an entire lot of Superdutys for towing. Most of them had a 3.31 gear, a couple of them had 3.55s.
What I was saying is you know the kind.