Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Adamclay

RVF Regular
Thank for the add. Just drove home my 2013 Georgetown 36 footer. What is the process to turn on the generator?

Usually hold down the stop side of the switch for 30-40 seconds. Then push the start button. It may take a few tries to get it to turn over, especially in cold weather.

Thanks I’ll try that. It will start if I start the engine though. But I think it should start standalone. Also the levelers say low voltage. Think the house batteries need replaced.

Unless plugged in I always start the engine when dropping or lifting levelers (jacks)...that way I'm assured enough voltage. Your generator needs to be able to start without the engine running as that may be the only way you have available to start your engine ? When you are holding down the start button you are priming the carburetor. Usually you hold it down until the light goes off...but I'd say fifteen seconds max. Now the diesel generators are a different story (not yours I assume). Anyway, time to play around with your new toy...that's how you learn the ins and outs. Have fun!

Thanks I’ll try that. It will start if I start the engine though. But I think it should start standalone. Also the levelers say low voltage. Think the house batteries need replaced.
Maybe true but first I would check the cable ends running back to the genny.

Latest resources

Back