Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Ford F150 King Ranch
Fulltimer
No
For those of you taking you rigs in for annual service, have you ever checked what the service center does against the maintenance procedures from the manual? I take mine to the local F/L service center (Velocity Truck Centers-San Diego) and called them to ask a week or so back, and the guy immediately said "yes all that is included in your annual service". I wasn't so sure, so I pulled last years reciept, where they list the service steps performed as "BIT PROGRAM ..INSPECTION AND MAINT PROGRAM". This service was last Dec, so 24 mos /30k mile service shoudl have applied. There is no mention on the F/L form for a few of the following:
- Oil-Filled Hubs oil change
- Axle Lubricant change and Magnetic Plug cleaning (for Meritor Axles, XCR is Meritor right?)
- Other items but they are mainly inspections...

Have any of you asked your LOCAL Freightliner dealer to use the Maintenance checklist from the manual specifically? If so did they charge more? I'm trying to make sure they use the 45k/36 month checklist on my next service and they don't seem to be able to easily answer whether it's included in the regular service.

When taking myFL to service in Portland, OR I printed a copy of required maintenance that Camp Freightliner provided and asked them to do everything on the list. I also asked them to sign off the sheet I provided, which they did.

I have a noob question. When getting the FL Annual service, do they do anything as far as maintenancing the Cummins Diesel?

I have gone by the recommended list from Freightliner (Sacramento) and they print it out where it is returned to me by the tech noting anything they didn’t do either because we agreed to skip or i specifically asked not to do it. The tech and the service manager both sign it.

I have a noob question. When getting the FL Annual service, do they do anything as far as maintenancing the Cummins Diesel?
Other than changing filters, no

Gaffney does oil and filters. What other items are you expecting?

Gaffney does oil and filters. What other items are you expecting?
I don't know, that's why I was asking. Is there more?

I don't know, that's why I was asking. Is there more?
Not that I’m aware of but yes engine is part of the chassis servicing.

Not that I’m aware of but yes engine is part of the chassis servicing.
I don't know the history on mine but it has about 20K miles on it. I changed the oil as soon as I bought it but I don't know what other things might need to be done. Maybe upgrading the computer software, oil in the differentials, etc.

Periodically, there are some other things to service like front hubs, transmission and differential fluids, etc. Now, Spartan service...oh, never mind! ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back