Chassis
N/A
Engine
N/A
TOW/TOAD
8,200 Lbs
Fulltimer
No
Does anyone know why my fresh water tank goes down while I am on city water? I have a 3/4l tank, then I hook up to campground water and the fresh water tank goes down. Is my campground water running through my fresh water tank when hooked up to the campground water?

Is your water pump turned on? If so, it will draw water from the FW tank even when you are hooked up to city water. Both sources will be supplying water.

TJ

Strange. The city water shouldn't use any water from your tank. Far as the pump running, IF you do not have sufficient pressure from the city source your pump will run (if on, of course). That's about the only way I can think of for the water tank to get used when hooked to city water. Does your pump run then? If so, you may have either some gunk partially plugging the inlet screen or the check valve is not allowing full flow.

Thanks Guys, I now have an empty tank of fresh water fo I guess the pump is the culprit. I will be back in Florida on the 9th of Sept and will take it in to North Trails since I am still under warranty. I have other issues to fix.

Far as the pump running, IF you do not have sufficient pressure from the city source your pump will run (if on, of course).
I don’t know about the Bay Star, but in our Mountain Aire (also a Newmar product), the water pump WILL run when on city water. I don’t believe it senses the pressure of the incoming city water; just the line pressure at the pump. When there is flow (even with city water hooked up), it will drop the pressure enough to cause the pump to come on. If we want to keep the water pump from running, we need to switch it off. I suspect the same may be true in the Bay Star.

TJ

I don’t know about the Bay Star, but in our Mountain Aire (also a Newmar product), the water pump WILL run when on city water. I don’t believe it senses the pressure of the incoming city water; just the line pressure at the pump. When there is flow (even with city water hooked up), it will drop the pressure enough to cause the pump to come on. If we want to keep the water pump from running, we need to switch it off. I suspect the same may be true in the Bay Star.

TJ
If that's the case, then yes, your fresh tank will get used even with city water. The fix would be to just shut the pump off. In my fiver the pump will not run UNLESS the water pressure drops with city water.

Latest resources

Back