Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

kcreager

RVF Newbee
Hello everyone. My wife and I recently bought our first motorhome. It's a 1998 Monaco Windsor diesel pusher 36'. I went to fill the fresh water tank for the first time. As I was watching the sensor inside (it read only half full), my wife said there was water pouring out the bottom of the rig on the opposite side from where it was filling. Is there an overfill hose similar to a coolant reservoir that would allow the water to just start coming out when it is full, or is there something more serious wrong? It obviously stopped once I turned off the water. Also when I finally drained the water out it was draining for awhile so I assumed it was probably full. I believe the tank is 90-100 gallons. Thanks

Not only a vent to allow the air to come out fresh water fill, but if you over fill it,
, it will come out of fill tube. You will know if your fresh water tank is split!!

Unless you have a defective plastic tank you cannot damage it by over filling.. I have over filled mine numerous times and it just comes out the bottom of over fill tube or fill tube. When going thru turns while driving it will come out every now and then.

Unless you have a defective plastic tank you cannot damage it by over filling.. I have over filled mine numerous times and it just comes out the bottom of over fill tube or fill tube. When going thru turns while driving it will come out every now and then.
Thank you!

Latest resources

Back