RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Catalina Trail Blazer 26TH
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
I know that my fridge can run on propane but I have never really used it that way. Since we are finally getting back out after a year and half, I have a question regarding this.

Trailer is in storage about 30 minutes away with no hook-ups. Since I would like to get the fridge to cool off prior to leaving Sinday afternoon, can I just turn on the propane and leave the trailer for a day. Batteries were just put in on Thursday and they are/were fully charged. I would really like to go over to the trailer on Sun., load the fridge and go. Oh, batteries are two GC2 batteries at 215 amps. Will running the fridge for a day kill the batteries?

Thanks for all your help. I just may figure this rv thing out some day.

Running the batteries for a day for just the fridge will not kill them. You are running the fridge on propane. The batteries just run the fan and controls on the fridge to my way of thinking, which should be very little draw. My batteries will usually last a couple of days using the water pump, some lights for a while at night, etc.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, not worried so much about the batteries as I am letting the fridge run while I am so far away. As I said I have never let the fridge run on just propane.

IF your refrigerator is in good operating order, running it on the propane for a week or so should not be a problem (for the battery). I have found my refer uses very little propane while running so that won't be an issue either (I don't think). This is good practice / insight for when you need to "boondock". Good luck ?

Turn on both propane and fridge. Most multi fuel fridges are automatic and find the available fuel to use, once turned ON. If you have propane cook top turn on a burner and see if it lights, so you know you've got propane flowing.

Latest resources

Back