Day2Day

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
GreyHawk Prestige 29MVP
RV Length
Newbie to the RV life... this past weekend was our first trip in our new motorhome. I noticed the cooling system (metal fins) in the refrigerator started to have ice build up.

Why or what would cause frost/ice to build up on the cooling system metal fins in the refrigerator? Did I have the temperature setting too cold?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions on how to prevent this from happening! Or what we are doing wrong! Lol

Newbie to the RV life... this past weekend was our first trip in our new motorhome. I noticed the cooling system (metal fins) in the refrigerator started to have ice build up.

Why or what would cause frost/ice to build up on the cooling system metal fins in the refrigerator? Did I have the temperature setting too cold?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions on how to prevent this from happening! Or what we are doing wrong
It sounds like it might be the thermaster. It is attached to the fins. Detach it from the plug harness. Measure the OMHS. A good one should register 7000-8000. If it does not replace it with a 20$ part from Amazon. Easy fix. Also check your door seals. I have provided the link below;
Norcold Thermistor Ohm Chart and Location Guide: https://www.arprv.com/norcold-thermis...

If @jagpot ’s suggestion doesn’t cure it, you can also address it by placing a 12v fan in the fridge to move the air around. There are a few companies on the internet that sell them.

It sounds like it might be the thermaster. It is attached to the fins. Detach it from the plug harness. Measure the OMHS. A good one should register 7000-8000. If it does not replace it with a 20$ part from Amazon. Easy fix. Also check your door seals. I have provided the link below;
Norcold Thermistor Ohm Chart and Location Guide: https://www.arprv.com/norcold-thermis...
Thanks for the advice! I will be sure to check the thermostat and door seals! It’s a brand new unit, so I’m wondering if someone isn’t closing the refrigerator door all the way...

If @jagpot ’s suggestion doesn’t cure it, you can also address it by placing a 12v fan in the fridge to move the air around. There are a few companies on the internet that sell them.
Thank you for the advice...someone else suggested placing a fan in the refrigerator as well!

Latest resources

Back