18’
Chassis
RAM ProMaster 1500
Engine
V6
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello world,

Joined to help share info and stories on my Pocket and 21,000 miles in 11 months, 85% boondocking, 10% moochdocking with 15 nights in paid campgrounds and 3,500 miles on highways/freeways.

All the way up and down both coasts and across the bottom/middle and the top western mountains.

Headed to Baja in 4 days (mid-Nov 2022) for the winter.

Very happy to help others with any thing from my rig to travel tips/tricks to the best dive bars all over the country. I might get a bit brash, but I do mean well and desire to help when it’s obvious others have done simple search/research. There are dumb questions and I might call that out when it’s evident someone just demands intel that is easily obtained with basic search/research skills. I grew up with Encyclopedia Británica and was on the bleeding edge of technology. I learned what I learned by finding information and taking risks, not expecting others to spoon feed it to me. I expect the same at a minimum. There are no dumb informed questions.

Welcome aboard! So called moochdocking is best IMO!

Hello world,

Joined to help share info and stories on my Pocket and 21,000 miles in 11 months, 85% boondocking, 10% moochdocking with 15 nights in paid campgrounds and 3,500 miles on highways/freeways.

All the way up and down both coasts and across the bottom/middle and the top western mountains.

Headed to Baja in 4 days (mid-Nov 2022) for the winter.

Very happy to help others with any thing from my rig to travel tips/tricks to the best dive bars all over the country. I might get a bit brash, but I do mean well and desire to help when it’s obvious others have done simple search/research. There are dumb questions and I might call that out when it’s evident someone just demands intel that is easily obtained with basic search/research skills. I grew up with Encyclopedia Británica and was on the bleeding edge of technology. I learned what I learned by finding information and taking risks, not expecting others to spoon feed it to me. I expect the same at a minimum. There are no dumb informed questions.
Sometimes I see questions like that and wonder a bit but I also realize my frame of reference is different that that of others. As an example, my neighbor is a retired high level exec from a very large beverage company, a chemist by training, but is baffled by things I see as simple and easily researched and determined. So I don’t mind putting my experience to work, at times even if it seems the answers are obvious. Other times I just move on.

As to the rest I’ll be very curious about your experiences south of the border. I’ve read plenty about it and heard of many experiences that were positive, but I’m also highly risk-averse these days and times have changed. I havent been to Mexico in 15 years, so it will be interesting to hear about current conditions.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back