Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FT RV Health Insurance Options beyond these two?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Radioherd

RVF Regular
Hi All,

We are starting FT around mid June this year (both will working contractors with LLC's) so our current employer plans will no longer be avalable/useless anyway with their networks.

So far we have explored these two options:

Health Share:

Indemnity Health Insurance Option:

Are there any other options you would recommend outside of these two? We are comfortable self insuring to a point if we could get catastrophic coverage to cover a major incident. Out income will also be too high to get a reasonable ACA plan price and I don't think our state has any PPO options for having a good network anyway through the ACA.

Thanks for any thoughts or advice!

When we were looking for PPO coverage, of the 3 popular states (FL, TX and SD) that many chose to set up a domicile in, only FL offered the coverage (that was 3+yrs ago). We chose a BC/BS plan. I'm not familiar with the plans above.
If you go with FL, MyRVmail.com in Crestview FL has been good to work with (they also handle Good Sams mail service). When researching even the DMV Agent I spoke to knew of the business (it's a more rural county in the panhandle area). Okaloosa Co also has us set up to vote.
Also back when we did our research, Escapees.com had good info on setting up a domicile.
Good luck and hope the best

We went through a broker to look at all the options available. A good one should be able to assist.

When we did ours they added some additional coverage for covering large deductibles etc to protect assets overall. These also cover expenses if we are out of our “home area” and something comes up.

Little different than full time but a good broker should be able to give you all the options and put together the best plan for you.

Neither of those options is health insurance.
The first one is a Healthshare option, and the 2nd one is a link to the broker i have spoken with who has suggested an indemnity plan - which is health insurance (see attachment).

I was looking for additional options to replace traditional health insurance (which is nonsense anyway).

Both of these provide a level of protection, and thats what insurance does, so.

Attachments

• HSP GOLD BROCHURE SD 10.28.22.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 4

Latest resources

Back