Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

karindryan

RVF Regular
I have ‘93 Pace Arrow —do I need to drop the fuel tank to replace the pump? And I’ve hear an external pump is preferable —any thoughts?

The issue is that the TV was stalling and then wouldn’t turn over at all. Batteries are fine. So mechanic says sounds like bad fuel pump. Also the wires on throttle body are frayed and I wonder whether that might be a problem
875152D3-723F-43F9-B26C-81AF77180B98.jpeg

Attachments

• 77E49735-7B13-466A-8F8C-0EF19C70643D.jpeg
    77E49735-7B13-466A-8F8C-0EF19C70643D.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Not the fuel pump! When a vehicle won't turn over (Unless it is turning over and just will not start two different things), it has nothing to do with the pump.

Those wires are not frayed they are fried.

To troubleshoot pump disconnect fuel line from throttle body, and turn on the key. No gas no fuel/bad pump.

But there are more places to look. Blown fuses first (main power to ECM,injector) you get the picture right?

Thank you! I’m new to this world so am learning as I go. Someone else told me it may be fuel pump. So here’s what’s happening: it won’t turn over, so, my friend suggested I drop a couple tablespoons of gas onto the throttlebody to get it started. That worked. However, it wouldn’t start again right after that. So he suggested it may be a fuel pump. RV was also stalling frequently. so, I am in diagnostic stage here but I am at a campground and it’s difficult to tow me somewhere else from where I’m located. So I’m trying to diagnose and get the help I need.

Not the fuel pump! When a vehicle won't turn over (Unless it is turning over and just will not start two different things), it has nothing to do with the pump.

Those wires are not frayed they are fried.

To troubleshoot pump disconnect fuel line from throttle body, and turn on the key. No gas no fuel/bad pump.

But there are more places to look. Blown fuses first (main power to ECM,injector) you get the picture right?
Regarding the wires in throttle body—does that require replacement? I assume so. Entire unit or just wiring?

Thank you! I’m new to this world so am learning as I go. Someone else told me it may be fuel pump. So here’s what’s happening: it won’t turn over, so, my friend suggested I drop a couple tablespoons of gas onto the throttlebody to get it started. That worked. However, it wouldn’t start again right after that. So he suggested it may be a fuel pump. RV was also stalling frequently. so, I am in diagnostic stage here but I am at a campground and it’s difficult to tow me somewhere else from where I’m located. So I’m trying to diagnose and get the help I need.
Clarification—it won’t start. It turns over but won’t start

Latest resources

Back