Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
A recall notice directly from Newmar regarding the fuel rail issue arrived in today’s mail. It referenced the earlier Spartan recall notice that arrived a few weeks ago. Interestingly enough, it also said that no corrective action has yet been identified and another notice would be forthcoming when a fix has been developed.

Somehow, I would think that a potential fuel leak issue would get more priority. I suppose that if the coach catches fire before the fix is developed, Newmar/Spartan/Cummins will provide the affected owner with a new coach. Right? :rolleyes:

TJ

I suppose that if the coach catches fire before the fix is developed, Newmar/Spartan/Cummins will provide the affected owner with a new coach. Right?
I’m sure it would be the “first time they’ve ever heard of this”

Appears that there is no end to the issues to be dealt with on this piece of equipment. God bless.

Back in 08 we had fuel rail issue on the ISL-400 Cummins engine in our other coach. Was fixed johnny on the spot. Believe with supply chain in turmoil, and this must affect the commercial line as well, truckers are a higher priority. I think if I was affected, I would call Cummins directly to see if they have any info on it. That is just getting another perspective on the issue. I have not received any notice from Newmar, or Cummins, only notification was e-mail from NHTSA advising of the generalities of the issue. I suspect it is the larger HP's affected, but cannot confirm that at all. If anyone hears anything, post herein please.

I had the recall done yesterday morning. From start to finish I was there about four (4) hours. I think they did the majority of the work from inside the coach through the engine access hatch. They did do some work from the back and underneath but maybe that was just checking for leaks.

I had partially removed the engine hatch (the tile part) and all they had to do was remove a couple bolts from the actual metal cover underneath the tile. That way there was no chance of breaking the tile or damage to the inside of the coach. This was a suggestion by @redbaron

Attached is a picture of the fuel relief valve which I think is where they put the new washers. It is on the end of the engine closest to the front of the coach on the passenger side. So I’m glad that’s behind me.

Attachments

• Fuel Valve.PNG
    Fuel Valve.PNG
    9.8 MB · Views: 26

Latest resources

Back