Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tzaracki14

RVF Newbee
I have a 2016 prime time avenger 32bit, early this spring I had issues with my furnace afmd30111 not igniting or lighting. I opened it up and found the contacts on my control board were very corroded. Fast forward to now I just got a dinosoar fan 50 plus control board . Installed it and now the furnace runs anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds just depends but then the flame goes out. Listening to the exhaust the flame sounds very inconsistent like it’s being blown out almost ? Not sure if it makes a difference but I have only tried to light the furnace with the exterior cover off that has the exhaust extension attached to it. Could the lack of back pressure from the rest of the exhaust be the problem ? I am getting no diagnostic flashes on my control board. It lights green until the furnace lights the while it’s lit it the light stays red until the flame goes out again at which point the light turns green again. Any help is greatly appreciated .

The first thing I would do is pull the burner and give it a good cleaning. Then clean up the spark rod. Make sure the spark rod has 1/8" space between the end and the burner. Reassemble it and you should be good to go.

The main thing to do is make sure you don't have any spider webs or rust or anything like that inside the burner tube. You can use a brush that will fit or even run water through it (just make sure it is dry upon install). Also, make sure theair intake on the burner is clean. Some are wide open and some have screens that can get dirty.

Have you checked the sail switch? And, yes, I think having the outside cover off might be an issue. My 2015 Jayco's heater wouldn't work with that off.

Sone units have a hidden override switch so I'd Google your unit for that.

Latest resources

Back