Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
We had a diesel MH for a few years, sold it when our lives changed... now researching, saving, downsizing for retirement.
Haven’t found the right mh yet.

We had a diesel MH for a few years, sold it when our lives changed... now researching, saving, downsizing for retirement.
Haven’t found the right mh yet.
Welcome to RVF, @bpaikman; glad to have you here with us. As questions arise in your motorhome search arise, we're here to help with potential answers. Tell us a bit more about what you are looking for; size, floor plan, etc.

TJ

Welcome to RVForums.com @bpaikman - anything catching your attention these days that we can help you out with?

Welcome!

Welcome to RVF, @bpaikman; glad to have you here with us. As questions arise in your motorhome search arise, we're here to help with potential answers. Tell us a bit more about what you are looking for; size, floor plan, etc.

TJ

OK, this is what we’re looking for: Some of these requirements are pretty firm, some are flexible... all caps are inflexible.
I can’t think of everything but here’s what I can think of:

We’re looking at living in this for several months of the year and are even considering building a small “RV chalet” or house with port.

- Freightliner chassis, Cummins engine - (We had a caterpillar engine on our old motorhome and it was fine, but hubby thinks Cummins is the stuff)
HP needs to be adequate for length (our 36.5 foot Journey had 350 HP and it was very good.)
(The Winnebago journey we used to have was poorly designed in the exhaust area and it needed VERY expensive clean out at about 50,000 miles. We learned the hard way why diesel engines don’t like dirt roads even though we have always been very careful)
33-35’ length, NONSMOKER, no pets, low mileage (depends)
- PLENTY of clothing storage (forget the Allegro Breeze, etc with small ‘shirt closets’ and little else)
- One-piece windshield (so probably 2008 and newer)
- split bathroom,
- no dining booth (prefer chairs and credenza)-not a dealbreaker if I could change it out, but I’d not like the extra expense
- garaged or well-protected
- one owner
- Need a small sleeping spot for me to retreat to when hubby is restless in his sleep :D (Our old motorhome had a power sleeper/sofa that was perfect.)
- Winnebago (Itasca) or Newmar probably.
- we probably can’t afford anything newer than 2015, but I’m noticing that newer models don’t have split baths anyhow.

Our old motorhome was a 2006 Winnebago Journey 36G, and we loved it. (except for split windshield and poor air exhaust? design - whxih we corrected on ours) Extremely liveable - spacious bathroom. We had to sell because it cost so much to insure, store, maintain, and we weren’t using it enough.
I’ve been liking the Winnebago 34Y - love that the TV is directly opposite the sofa. Love the kitchen and bedroom. Don’t love the bathroom all in one room, but it’s not a dealbreaker.
We welcome input on anything and everything.

Latest resources

Back