Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
Okay, I'm making a post for friends who will eventually join the forum. Meanwhile, it's a Sunday and they can't get their FWS to lock in. They have a 2020 DS 4369. Background...in the last several weeks they brought the slide in and broke their tile floors.

Today, they tried to bring their FWS in and it comes in all the way. However, when you let go of the button it makes some noise and it pushes out about 3/4 to an inch and stops. They tried it about three or four times and it does it every time. Any ideas? As always, thanks for your help.

Renee
B29AB8BF-F5F0-4C2E-B5F9-20EAF2CBD970.jpeg
46BF1136-D662-457E-BEDA-88750BF10C7D.jpeg
A3FE3489-F908-414C-B418-3A2B98092387.jpeg

Wow, that's ugly and unfortunate. I've heard of this before and from what little I know of this system I've heard it's some HWH component failure. Again, no experience or anything of value to offer here but hopefully others will chime in that know that slide and how it works. I don't know if there is anything to check with the related hydraulic system, fluid levels, etc.?

I hate to suggest calling Newmar for the 24/7 on call tech but they should probably do that if not done already.

I hate to suggest calling Newmar for the 24/7 on call tech but they should probably do that if not done already.
Already been done. They got MARY and she is of no help. She will connect them to HWH tomorrow.

From my googling for this issue it appears it may be a bad solenoid. I'm still researching...

We have and they will hook us up with HWH in the morning. Hoping this is something easy we can do at our site. Thanks!
Ahhhhhh! Is that you, my friend Wendy and Don Brown! Welcome to the Forum!!! To all fellow Newmar family peeps and not Newmar...welcome the Browns and THEIR FWS problem. I'll let you take over, friend.

A google result suggested:

Run the slideout all the way and hold the switch for 20 to 30 seconds after the slide had fully extended. Then bring the slide in and again hold the switch for 20 to 30 seconds once the slide had retracted fully.

Make sure fluid in HWH holding tank is not low or leaking, it can cause air to be introduced into the system.

In general, not being a newmar owner. It sounds like a limit switch issue. It could be a simple adjustment or a symptom of a broken slide component that could cause a adjustment problem.

Latest resources

Back