RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - got to CG, check power at pedestal, locked on my Surge Guard, cleaned off water valve and hooked up FW to coach with pressure regulator. Made sure coach was at ride height, very level spot. Went to put out FWS, and rear part went out 1/2" and front, ah-nothing. The other two slides worked fine, went out as they should. It was Sunday, and like a dummy, I DID NOT try to reset the 12V side of the house by turning off power, waiting minute and turning back on. Called Newmar this AM, tech said to do that, did, and slide went out like it should have in the first place. Not sure what controller got brain in a twist, but one of the controllers did. The test comes when it's time to put slide back in and hopefully no issues then. This may have been good thing, because in my "looking around and up at motors, etc, Newmar, wire wrapped a huge bunch or wires around the shaft, over time, the rotation of the shaft could have abraded those wires. I cut that wrap, re-tied them with long tie wrap, and once home will do much better job, making sure they are tied up and arranged in a good manner.

So if something you know worked last time, and did not work this time, cycle power wait minute, and turn back on, it might wake up and put the gremlin to rest. And the bad part is, this used to be my first go to thing to try, not using RV because of COVID has just about ruined my brain.

All - So after we solved the FWS, two little things happened to RV while on this trip, both simple to fix. The TP holder is loose, and a bundle of wire which was tied to shaft for slide needs to be taken apart and stored up better. Going to do that tomorrow after Field Day for Ham Radio. When lotter winner happens going to buy New Aire so I got more HP, the 450 would do the trick in these mountains. Otherwise MH performed perfectly, love our Newmar.

Going to do that tomorrow after Field Day for Ham Radio.
Yep, tomorrow is Field Day! Meeting a bunch of local hams (all friends of mine) for the event. You're close enough, you should come by. But that's probably not possible, so maybe we'll catch you on the air.

Have fun tomorrow!

KM4GGD

I am to deliver ice for the coolers, so will be there at or around 10AM. I have never seen Field Day before, so most likely will learn something there. Hope to see all. KO4KSK.

Latest resources

Back